Freedom 44 'Alabama Queen' for sale

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
Michel

Freedom 44 'Alabama Queen' for sale

Post by Michel »

Dear friends,

My Freedom 44 'Alabama Queen' is for sale. Lying in The Netherlands. Asking EUR 85,000.

Details can be found at:
http://www.botenbank.nl/nl/zeiljachten/ ... etch-622tp

Restoration history at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alabama_queen

Some footage of trips I made at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Np_mnrCd4Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_jfF8lYyRA

Email me if you need details.

Feel free to forward this message to those potentially interested.

Regards,

Michel Capel
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

peaceandfreedom

Re: Freedom 44 'Alabama Queen' for sale

Post by peaceandfreedom »

Michel, are you courting a new Queen? Your boat looks gorgeous.
Jim D

Michel

Post by Michel »

No, I'm not courting a new Queen; this boat is all I could ever dream of. But outlooks in life sometimes change..... :(
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

Mike Holibar

Post by Mike Holibar »

Are you swallowing the anchor then?

Mike.
Mike Holibar
S/V Fyne Spirit of Plymouth (Freedom 39PHS-1989)
Lyttelton
New Zealand

PhilBarb

Post by PhilBarb »

Michel

Hi would be interested in more details of Alabama Queen. My email is philipbarbour697 "at" btinternet.com. Have seen the photographs but have many questions

Regards

Philip

philipl

Post by philipl »

Michel,

Sorry to hear that you are selling such a wonderful boat. You should consider advertising on www.yachtworld.com . That might give you some wider coverage. Seems like a fabulous bargain to me. Good luck.

I hope we don't lose you on this site as you have given some sound advice over the years.

Philip
Philip Leahy
F-38 ex Manchester, MA.

Michel

Post by Michel »

Mike Holibar wrote:Are you swallowing the anchor then?

Mike.
Well, yes, I guess I have to chew down the anchor for now. Hopefully not forever.

Michel

Post by Michel »

philipl wrote:Michel,

Sorry to hear that you are selling such a wonderful boat. You should consider advertising on http://www.yachtworld.com . That might give you some wider coverage. Seems like a fabulous bargain to me. Good luck.

I hope we don't lose you on this site as you have given some sound advice over the years.

Philip
As long as my memory and documents will support me, I hope to stick around here and help others as good as I can. My fondness of the Freedom catketch hasn't faded.

Ereiss

Post by Ereiss »

Michael;

I too look forward to having you back on the water. You have been a big help many times and for this I thank you. If you find yourself on this side of the pond I certainly owe you a sail.

Again, thank you for all of your help.
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

Michel

Post by Michel »

Guys,

Thanks for all your heartwarming comments. Just that will keep me hanging around here either with or without my own boat.

About yachtworld and other commercial brokerage sites: I am listed here in the NL's but haven't seen any movement. I feel that a prospective new owner is more likely to come by via the 'known' Freedom channels and the Freedom incrowd and their personal contacts. The contacts I've had sofar all came via these sources. Conventional sloop owners don't easily step into a Freedom unless they have informed themselves thoroughly about these boats already via our boards. This Freedom community of ours is very worthwhile in many respects.