Bay Area meet up

Goose13

Bay Area meet up

Post by Goose13 »

Anyone up for a SF Bay Area meet up in September or October? Last year was a blast but I think we were missing a couple of boats. I'm thinking of China Camp or Angel Island???
Doug and Marie
Millennnium Falcon F33 CK cb #4
1980 wish bone booms Electric Drive

Camino

Re: Bay Area meet up

Post by Camino »

Doug and Marie - sorry I have been in and out. Stephanie and I can do Saturday the 27th - wanna try for Angel island or China camp- While there I can work on re setting my fog horn and repair a rope clutch I broke last week going out the gate. And if winches need work we can do that there too.

AgentLocke

Post by AgentLocke »

Hey guys, Freedom wannabe here, anyone need an extra hand? I'm in Sac, I go to the Bay Area all the time!

Camino

Post by Camino »

This would be a great opportunity to discuss the shtp with 2 very knowledgeable sailors. :D We would love that!

Agentlocke - overnight Ventures would be difficult for our boat. Day sail is another matter. See what others say.

This is late in the season so hopefully we can make this happen...

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Welcome AgentLocke. What flavor or Freedom are you looking for? I'm bummed to miss this sail-in, but could probably join you all by land yacht depending on the date. I'd love to talk about what I DIDN'T break on the SHTP! Kynntana needs a haul out to replace the shaft seal that is currently being kept semi-dripless with duct tape. I've been worried about the engine mounts for a while now, and after another 110 hours of motoring on the return, I don't want to push my luck any longer. Tomorrow, I'll be drilling out all the old aluminum rivets along the lower mast track, which started peeling away about 3 days out from Kauai. Would be interested in hearing from you all how to keep the forstay from pumping in high swells and low wind. That's another thing I need to replace though it's only 2 years old and I had upgraded to the larger diameter wire :(
Kynntana, Freedom 38

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Here's another idea....there's a great BBQ/picnic area in my marina in Oakland. It was where we had the SHTP pre-departure BBQ. If interested, we could do a Freedom gathering here and invite the other (non freedom) SHTP skippers. Of course, we can still do the cruise out, but this might give us a little more flexibility for those without boats.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Camino

Post by Camino »

Carliane great idea. Does your marina have quest slips available?

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Yes indeed, slips are available! Who's in? Let me know if you plan to bring a boat and I'll talk with the marina office. Shall we pick a date? Right now, I'm free Oct 27-28 and Nov 10-11, but we could also plan something for other months if that's too soon. We could also plan it for a week night, but traffic is generally too horrendous for those who might need to drive in. The Lake Merritt BART is only 1.5 miles away and I could provide a shuttle there and back.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Camino

Post by Camino »

Ok yes indeed again! Stephanie and I are in for I think either date - we need to hear from others now! We would need a slip. This will be really fun - if all can pull it it off :D

AgentLocke

Post by AgentLocke »

I'm so glad that this thread got attention!

I can be free so long as I have at least a few days notice, so I'm at y'alls disposal.

Except for November 9th to the 12th as I'm flying out to look at the F39 Pilothouse in Crownsville, MD. It's my dream boat, and I wouldn't fly to a sailboat if it wasn't that exact model!