Bay Area meet up

BillSmith

Re: Bay Area meet up

Post by BillSmith »

After months of sittin' `n da slip, SweeTART has a running diesel. Taking her out to this weekend for trial run. Still a trickle of oil leak, but hopefully just a paper towel cleanup.

Will keep eyes peeled here for a chance to meet everyone. Have a new windlass installed, ready to drop anchor somewhere when free time allows.
Last edited by BillSmith on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

Camino

Post by Camino »

Tom -pretty sure Stephanie and I can meet up 4/7. If at Angel how do you tie on fore and aft to the mooring balls? Just asking Tom :D. ie hare the moorings like Catalina with one line between fore and aft balls or not....

And.... does st f yc have club reciprocity?

Bill -great to hear about the motor issues and windlass!

sforgey1

Post by sforgey1 »

What a great afternoon sail Kim and I had with Doug & Marie & Frankie on Millenium Falcon. I had never sailed a twin-masted Freedom and Doug did a masterful job of having us sail wing-and-wing all the way back to the dock. It ghosted along brilliantly and then we caught a bit of a breeze.

I am now every much contemplating converting to electric in the next few years when the Yanmar on my F32 finally gives out. Doug is crazy-knowledgeable in this stuff.

Brilliant time in the bay. First of many.

Thank you, Doug.
Scott Forgey
Ft. Lauderdale & San Jose
Girlfriend - Hoyt 32 - 1985 Hull #81

ketch22

Post by ketch22 »

Hey Camino,

We'll be grabbibg a slip at Angel Island. I've done the fore and aft thing on the mooring cans, but then you need a dinghy to get to shore. The dock saves a lot of effort. That said, I'll have a dinghy and outboard if necesary. If you get there before noon, slips will be available.

StF YC has two kinds of reciprocity. If your YC is far enough distant, you can get in the front door. If on the other hand, your YC is too close, then you have to bring your yacht. To do that, you have to make a reervation to confirm they have dock space.

How far is too close?

I knew you were gonna ask. The answer is "I don't know", but the magic number is on their web site. I know Oakland YC is too close. About a year ago, before I was an OYC member, They let me spend the night at their docks on the strength of my Pacific Cup YC membership. They are big Pacific Cup backers and usually have members in the race.

Ketch 22

Goose13

Post by Goose13 »

Lets do it!! The weather is perfect.
Doug and Marie
Millennnium Falcon F33 CK cb #4
1980 wish bone booms Electric Drive

Camino

Post by Camino »

Even with a bit a likely rain I believe we are in for Saturday. We’d stay the night so a slip is out as they have to be vacated at 10pm I think. We may have another boat from the Sabre forum raft with us on mooring - if they make it of course.
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

Goose13

Post by Goose13 »

I have to work Sunday afternoon, so I'm not sure I'll make it out.
Doug and Marie
Millennnium Falcon F33 CK cb #4
1980 wish bone booms Electric Drive