Hello!

Cruising plans, discussions, etc.
Cornishman

Hello!

Post by Cornishman »

Hi to one & all,
just discovered this site on my return to the uk. It's great to find a good source of information and people who sail the same type of boat. My name is Frank (Cornishman), my boat is a Freedom 35 (hull 049) fitted with carbon masts, fully battened sails and standard booms. She was the last to be built in Cornwall and left the yard as the company went into liquidation.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All.

Fair winds & Good sailing

Cornishman

THATBOATGUY

Re: Hello!

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Welcome aboard Cornishman.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

peterjulia
Location: Peter McLean • F30 • #103 • Shooting Star • West Vancouver, BC • CANADA

Post by peterjulia »

Aye

phildowney

Post by phildowney »

hi,
i also sail a freedom 35 ketch in the uk i`m based in southampton / lymington
welcome to the group,
phil
Owner of Kusi, UK F35 Cat ketch
Southampton UK

Geligert

Post by Geligert »

Hello all,
My wife and I, too, are Freedom sailors since 30 years. My boat is a F40 center cockpit cat ketch named "Gazella", hull number 9, built in Ramsey, Isle of Man in 1980, as a sail-away version with aluminium masts and wooden wishbone booms, but without an engine. We sailed her to Portugal like this where we live, and fitted her out (including an engine) ourselves. Now she is in Marmaris, Turkey, from where we intend to explore the bays and islands of this beautiful coast. And by the way, my wife's name is Angelika (Geli for short) and I am Gert, a retired engineer.

Michel

Post by Michel »

Hello Geli and Gert,

Welcome to the board! Keep us posted of your adventures in Turkey!

Regards,
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

midnightsailor

Post by midnightsailor »

Welcome, from another new forum sailor who sails a F-33 CK also with the standard booms. I sail out of greenport, NY. Rick
1982 Freedom 33 Cat Ketch, Hull # 53, Standard Booms, deep keel ,tall rig
An armed man is a citizen, An unarmed man is a subject. George Washington

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Welcome Gert and Geli! I'm looking forward to reading your adventures. Do you have a web site or bloging? Facebook? We also sail a vintage CK CC 40 with aluminum spars.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

dan

Post by dan »

Another newbie saying hello! I'm Dan, and I sail my Dads Freedom 35. She was built mid 80's in Jurby, Isle of Man and is on Aluminium masts and wishbones and we currently sail her out of Holyhead ( Anglesey - Irish sea sailing ).

Crossjack

Post by Crossjack »

Hello,
Our F33 sloop - Crossjack VI was made in Cornwall too - Falmouth I believe and built in 1989. She was well built and we are very lucky. She is currently in Southampton. I dont think there are many of us 'Made in Cornwalls' around. When did the yard in Cornwall go out of business?