Marquesas

Cruising plans, discussions, etc.
marno

Marquesas

Post by marno »

We have made it to Hiva Oa in the Marquesas. Beautiful sailing, except, tore mainsail in half, broke boom vang bracket, rudder fell off wind vane pendulum, and got fuel blockage just as we arrived and got a tow in.
Marno

F39 Express

rubbus

Re: Marquesas

Post by rubbus »

No WAY! Glad you made it in OK considering...

-Rob

numbknots

Post by numbknots »

Marno,

Someday I hope to be able to say, "I've worked on my boat all over the world." congrats.
Numbknots
... currently experiencing performance anxiety..,

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear the story. I didn't see you on Facebook and thought you guys were skipping the Marquesas. I can see why you would change your plans!

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

Michel

Post by Michel »

Hi Marno,

Good to hear you guys made it in one piece. Pity some of your equipment was not so lucky. Keep us posted of your adventures!
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

marno

Post by marno »

If we can get fuel tomorrow (they ran out of diesel on the island) we will then be leaving, heading for Brisbane, but if we feel the urge, we'll stop in Samoa or Vanuatu.
Just a note of interest to freestanding mast owners. Two boats on the same radio net as me were worried about losing their masts, one lost their forestay and another lost 4 of 9 strands on a shroud.....
Cya
Marno
Marno

F39 Express