Treasure Island Rendezvous

Cruising plans, discussions, etc.

Re: Treasure Island Rendezvous

Postby Camino » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:48 pm

This is a blast, like Mike said! I'll be in the bay tomorrow hoping for the predicted sw winds and one tack to the bridge ( usually it takes me 6-12 tacks to get out !).
Camino

Postby gamayun » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:19 pm

If you see a blue hull F38 some time around 1230 to 1430, that'll be Kynntana racing between Sausalito Yacht Club and the city front :)
Kynntana, Freedom 38
gamayun

Postby mike cunningham » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:36 pm

My permit submitted. You learn something every day. I have anchored in Clipper many many times and didn't realize a permit was required. Never been hassled. Go figure.
mike cunningham

Postby Camino » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Gamayun - I did see a number of boats coming across from Sausalito - I was north side of Alcatraz and city front, sporting a single reef :) I didn't see any reefs in the boats coming over :) guess that's why I seldom race! lol took me a dozen tacks to achieve city front but I was enjoying it what with just turning the wheel and all - and in my exact case, pressing my remote AP buttons). Wind was 17-20 mostly with way more west than I expected - I am very impressed,with the f35p

Mike - know what you mean re clipper cove. I think we are all set for the 10-14, 15 raft up/ anchor but I haven't heard back from the tiyc - I'll call Monday before I leave. - I called again but no reply yet - I'm sure all good - heading out in the morning. In between Montana and n Carolina I may be back for a quick sail in between - stay in touch
Camino

Postby BillSmith » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Watching news today, see they are blowing up the old bridge so those of us from the South Bay don't have to sail around Treasure Island and take a more direct route.

:lol:
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA
BillSmith

Postby Camino » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Then and now you should be able to hug close the cg station on treasure, sail under rhe white main span and head directly to clipper cove.

On a similar note i have not heard back from tiyc. Ill be in position to phone then tuesday (again) . All is good im certain.
Camino

Postby BillSmith » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Thanks for doing the leg work. Much appreciated.

We're looking at dinghies. Postponed anchor practice to see daughter this weekend. On the schedule for next.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA
BillSmith

Previous

Return to Cruising