Treasure Island Rendezvous

Cruising plans, discussions, etc.
ketch22

Re: Treasure Island Rendezvous

Post by ketch22 »

Hello fellow raft up attendees.

Ketch 22 will be arriving in Clipper Cove around noon, 10/14. She comes equipped with a 50lb Bruce and 200 feet of chain. No problems with a raft-up if needed.

The wine thing ashore and/or the happy hour afloat are fine. My wife has suggested she can bring a lasagna if we end up doing the potluck. Bear in mind however, it will be awkward for the crew from 5 or 6 boats to be hosted aboard one vessel.

We'll likely leave around noon Sunday. We've been in Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz and Moss Landing all this week. Every now and then I need to get back home to do some "chores".

Tom
Ketch 22

Camino

Post by Camino »

True Tom - but not so much a deal when we spread folks out over at least 3 boats. Looking forward to seeing you and swapping stories and seeing equipment!
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Great :D I'm looking forward to this. I'll plan on arriving about the same time on Saturday. I have not yet spoken with any friends about spending the weekend on the boat, so I might just show up solo. Kynntana has hosted up to 12 people inside before -- there's plenty of room -- and I also have a CQR and some 250' (or more, I forget) of chain, so I don't mind rafting up either. See you all then!
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Camino

Post by Camino »

Still out of state but took note that we are listed on TIYC website's calendar- so looks good so far!
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
Emery Cove, CA

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

Thanks for update. We're still on plan. A Kaboat to arrive before the weekend. The depicted transom mounted motor might be the way we go eventually. Paddle power only this weekend. Anyone with experience driving a dinghy with electric trolling motors?

Am out of state as well, as least that's what people up here in the State of Jefferson would tell me.

How bad are the fires effecting SF Bay? Wife mentioned heavy dose of smog today. Do I need to practice my radar skills?
Attachments
kaboat with electric.JPG
kaboat with electric.JPG (80.24 KiB) Viewed 9022 times
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

Camino

Post by Camino »

Look forward to seeing the new dinghy Bill
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
Emery Cove, CA

Goose13

Post by Goose13 »

We are leaving Vallejo on Friday, should be anchored by noon on Saturday. See u all there!
Doug and Marie
Millennnium Falcon F33 CK cb #4
1980 wish bone booms Electric Drive

Camino

Post by Camino »

Ok, looks like we are a go for the dinner starting 5:30 Saturday - we are 100% on for the TIYC dinner Saturday evening at $15 per person :D We may want to move up the wine and lunch thing to 1 or 1:30 - ..... so ok here -- see you there 8-)

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

We are ready to go, BUT...

Prepping the numbers for the trip and estimating an arrival time, reread the various reports of depth soundings at Clipper Cove. Ugh!

SweeTART drafts 6'6". Everything I'm reading says the indicated depths in the cove translate more to high tide than actual MLLW. Ugh!

Knew that we had to hug the starboard side of entrance and might ground in mud at low tide. After more research, not confident there is sufficient depth to maneuver given our deeper draft. Anyone have experience floating a deeper keel into Clipper Cove?
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

Camino

Post by Camino »

Bill - no concern - just don't enter at low tide. I've been in there with draft of 6'6". Once past that shallow entrance all is good :D