Milwaukee Right Angle

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
bartjanney

Milwaukee Right Angle

Post by bartjanney »

I have switched from the battery model to the electric plug in(7 amp) unit on my F38. I purchased a 1000 watt inverter from West Marine for $100 and now I am free of batteries and the power increase is huge. Run the engine while hoisting. I use the low ratio setting until the mainsail is about 1/3 of the way up (very quickly) then switch to high ratio for the rest of the hoist. The drill was about $250 used on one of the Milwaukee websites. Be careful as the power can break things...
Freedom 38, "Counterpoint"

numbknots

Re: Milwaukee Right Angle

Post by numbknots »

Bart,

I was thinking of getting a batt operated drill to raise centerboard on my f 28. After using the tool do you think it is up to the job? Thanks Numbknots
... currently experiencing performance anxiety..,

jdpandlp

Post by jdpandlp »

I use a Bosch 18V Lithium Drill to raise sails on 39 Express. Specs say 650 in/lbs of torque, one battery will raise both sails twice. I do the final halyard tension by hand to get the right feel more than becasue of a lack of torque in the drill. Cost was about 1/2 that of the battery milwaukee and is more usefull as a drill.

Only down side is the need to use both hands to keep the drill vertical, tends to flop about if you use one hand because of the offset battery weight. Not a problem with the 90 degree drill that I had used on another boat.

harv17

Post by harv17 »

Hi all;

I Have a Brand New Millwakee Right Angle Drill that my kids thought I needed for my F-25. There is no way that I needed it. I could raise the main by hand and use the drill for the last 2 feet. I haven't used it last season at all. They also bought the winch bit for it. It works well but I'm selling the boat. If your intersted email me. Anybody!!!

Harv Incicta II F-26

Ereiss

Post by Ereiss »

Those are fabulous kids. Don't lose them under any conditions.
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

harv17

Post by harv17 »

Thank u. They are but they can be a pain in the butt trying to tell me how to live. They forget that mom & I taught them most of what they know!!!
Harv s/v Invicta II

bartjanney

Post by bartjanney »

I don't know how heavy your centerboard is but this unit is pretty powerful.
Freedom 38, "Counterpoint"