New Freedom 40 Cat Ketch Owner

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Tatoosh

New Freedom 40 Cat Ketch Owner

Post by Tatoosh »

Yesterday we completed the purchase of a 1982 Freedom 40, hull #63, which I belive was the last hull built by Freedom Yachts in the 40' cat ketch series. She is an aft cockpit model, with carbon fiber masts and aluminum wishbone booms. She still has the original tan bark, "wrap around" sails that she had when she first sailed out of Narragansett Bay 29 years ago.

We purchased her from her first and only owner who sailed her from Nova Scotia to the Caribbean and points in between. She's been on the hard near Onancock VA for the last five years but she passed a tough survey with no "Red Flags" evident so I'm confident she'll make the trip north to Worton Creek later this month in fine style.

Wish us luck getting her to her new berth, and prepare for a multitude of questions from this new Freedom 40 owner. Thanks in advance for your support and patience.

Rick Wright aka "Tatoosh"

GeoffSchultz

Re: New Freedom 40 Cat Ketch Owner

Post by GeoffSchultz »

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum! I'm sure that you'll find a wealth of information here.

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org

BEYOND

Post by BEYOND »

Congratulations.

We are just ending our first season with our F40 CC, Beyond.

Already looking forward to next season.

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Hey! We are almost neighbors! Maybe we can work up some kind of rendezvous this summer. We are currently cruising the Bahamas on our 40cc. But we live in Edgewater in the summers. :) Welcome to the forum. :)

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage