Looking for additional crew to FL, October 2012

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
DaysailorJ

Looking for additional crew to FL, October 2012

Post by DaysailorJ »

I am looking for additional crew to help sail my Freedom 40 to Lantana, Florida from her summer mooring in New Bedford. The trip will be primarily down the coast, 5-30 miles offshore. We will head out in mid-October, and the trip lasts 15-20 days. It is possible to crew for only part of the trip, if your time is limited, as there are three legs involved. The first leg, New Bedford to Norfolk,VA via LI Sound and the East River, will take three days, sailing overnight with 3 or 4 hour watches, depending on crew. The next leg will be daylight motoring on the Intracoastal Waterway to Beaufort, NC for four days. The final leg will be down the coast to FL, and will take 3-10 days, depending on weather conditions, as it it is sometimes prudent to duck back into the meandering ICW.

As you can gather, some flexibility is needed for this trip. "Elizabeth" is safe and comfortable, and we always eat well. If interested, please send me a note, describing your sailing experience and availability.

Thanks,
John Stone
S/V Elizabeth

peaceandfreedom

Re: Looking for additional crew to FL, October 2012

Post by peaceandfreedom »

I am interested in joining you for the first leg. I sent a note to your email address connected to this board.
Jim3bk@comcast.net
Happy sailing
Jim D
Last edited by peaceandfreedom on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericsmith3d

Post by ericsmith3d »

DaysailorJ--I'd be interested in joining you for the entire trip. I've sent two pm's but both seem to be stuck in my outbox. Email me: ericsmith3d@charter.net

wcwcwc

Post by wcwcwc »

I am also interested in crewing and have sent private message with no response. Please email me at wcwcwc@comcast.net
Bill Cormack
Formerly Sailing F-36 "Hard Earned" out of New Bedford Yacht Club, Padanaram, MA. Now a member of Pelagic Sailing Club a New England based club whose members are about half boat owners and half crew.

peaceandfreedom

Post by peaceandfreedom »

hello John,

Are you still looking for crew to help sail Elizabeth to Florida? Please check your inbox after logging into the Freedom.org website. There are at least three people interested in crewing for you.

happy sailing
Jim D