Sandy Hook Yacht Sales and "Sweet Dreams"

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
CaptLen

Sandy Hook Yacht Sales and "Sweet Dreams"

Post by CaptLen »

I've been looking for a 36 or 38 and found a nice looking 36 in NJ. Very clean, equipment OK. Had my surveyor come down- we were told that boat had come off poppets during Sandy but hahd only suffered gel coat scratches on one side. However, not only did surveyor find broken tabbing on floors (keel supports in bilge) but also on bulkheads. Everything is repairable but here's the kicker- the broker (even when urged to get a surveyor and yard owner to inspect) not only denied that any damage existed but refused to make any financial accomodation! Stay away from these folks! My surveyor has photos of the damage.

peaceandfreedom

Re: Sandy Hook Yacht Sales and "Sweet Dreams"

Post by peaceandfreedom »

Thanks for the heads up CaptLen,

happy sailing,
Jim d

Kevinm

Post by Kevinm »

The buyer's surveyor raised issues that had not been observed by other surveyors or the marina where the boat was stored. In an abundance of caution, we chose to get a second opinion and had the vessel re-surveyed by an experienced SAMS certified Surveyor.
That survey is available to any interested party. 'Sweet Dreams' is a fine opportunity for those looking for a well cared for, spirited performer at a reasonable price. The survey “speaks for itself.” Please contact Sandy Hook Yacht Sales.

mdedionisio

Post by mdedionisio »

Interesting.