sails for a 39ph freedom

arthur fonzerelli

sails for a 39ph freedom

Post by arthur fonzerelli »

I have a 39 ph catch schooner and need the dimensions for the sails so I can have them made here in Port Jefferson New York by Jack Wedenkind a very prominent sailmaker I must say .Can someone email the dimensions to him for me please his email adress is wedekindsail@juno.com thanks to all here on this site and God Bless. my cell # is 631 974 5134 feel free to call me at anytime Arthur

Michel

Re: sails for a 39ph freedom

Post by Michel »

Arthur,

There is a Canadian named Yves on this board who posted a diagram with measurements of his sail plan a while ago. If you search the board, you'll find it.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

Alain

Post by Alain »

Hello Arthur,
Michel wrote:Arthur,

There is a Canadian named Yves on this board who posted a diagram with measurements of his sail plan a while ago. If you search the board, you'll find it.
Michel, actually, it's Alain ;)
See attached pdf file for your information. Of course, this is based on my masts dimensions, batten pockets, etc. If you have a single line in-boom reefs, be carefull to where you locate the reefing eyes. The second and third reefs on my new sales can't reach the booms at the mast, because the slides I use (Tides Marine) are "piling up" too high. (if you can't make sense out of this last comment , let me know, I'll reformulate)
Cheers
Attachments
PH39%20Sailplan.pdf
(23.11 KiB) Downloaded 2011 times
Alain
Naïade, F39PH '83, Montréal

Michel

Post by Michel »

Alain! My apologies! How could I be so forgetful. Must be the mix-up with Yves-Marie de Tanton. Again my apologies.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Fonz, if your sailmaker can't visit the boat you might want to take measurements based on his/her instructions. Too many chances for mistakes otherwise. I've made note to too many little differences among Freedom boats even when they were built close in sequence. And even if there were a "factory spec" we can't assume that a 20-30 year old boat will still be in it. :)

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

Robert

Post by Robert »

Mauri Pro Sailing have a lot of rig dimensions listed, there are 2 listed for the Freedom 39
http://www.mauriprosailing.com/techinfo ... ig%20F.htm
Robert

s/y 'Magic' - 1985 Hoyt F32