Freedom 30 CK (UK version Fairways Marine) rigging schedule

seadago

Freedom 30 CK (UK version Fairways Marine) rigging schedule

Post by seadago »

Hi All
This is the documentation that came with my boat, Nausikaa. Rigging is almost exactly the same as the F35 CK, except for dimensions. Hope it's useful
Cheers
Seadago
Attachments
Nausikaa original rigging schedule - Freedom 30 ck.pdf
(9.3 MiB) Downloaded 1451 times
Rafael
s/v Nausikaa
SSR 30570, sail GBR 4619L
F30 CK (Hoyt), wishbones, centreboard, G10 rig. Built by Fairways Marine, Humble, UK, '82
Beta 16 hp with two-blade prop

midnightsailor

Re: Freedom 30 CK (UK version Fairways Marine) rigging sched

Post by midnightsailor »

Nice of you to post and share these. Not applicable to my F-33 CK as have standard booms, but intersting to see how the wishbooms are rigged. One frustration though is that the copy of the diagram of the deck and control line layout is so off centered :? that the labels for the port side lines are nearly completely missing.....it would be helpful if you get a chance to write in the labels for that side and re-post the page. Thanks
1982 Freedom 33 Cat Ketch, Hull # 53, Standard Booms, deep keel ,tall rig
An armed man is a citizen, An unarmed man is a subject. George Washington

VeloFellow

Post by VeloFellow »

Thanks for posting. My Freedom F30 aka F28 CK CB was born at Fairways Marine not long after yours.
Then it sailed the North Sea, Atlantic, Med, Transatlantic, Caribbean, and onto Florida Gulf and Atlantic.
Hope you share all your discoveries.
My boat had already been converted to Tide Marines tracks and squaretop sails five years ago. by the previous owner

Any of the Fairways Marine guys around still to provide history?
Mike
s/v Clave'
1981Freedom 28 #112
Currently sailing Tampa Bay
Buit by Fairways Marine Hamble England
cat ketch, centerboard , wishbone booms, tides track slides
yanmar 2ym15 2blade prop

seadago

Post by seadago »

Thanks midnightsailor
unfortunately, wysiwyg! The printed doc I have scanned and uploaded is already a photocopy, already off-centre!
Exactly which lines run where aft is a bit more flexible. I have only one winch on the starboard side, so (it would make sense...) the heavier lines from both masts need to run to starboard. I'd imagine there should be some room for adapting the block pattern at the mast base ring to individual boat layouts and skipper preferences!
Cheers!
Rafael
s/v Nausikaa
SSR 30570, sail GBR 4619L
F30 CK (Hoyt), wishbones, centreboard, G10 rig. Built by Fairways Marine, Humble, UK, '82
Beta 16 hp with two-blade prop

andygc

Post by andygc »

Starting on the port side:
main luff reef, main leech reef, main boom halyard, mainsheet (in clamcleat), mizzen luff reef, mizzen leech reef, mizzen boom halyard
Companionway
mizzen halyard, staysail halyard, mizzen outhaul, centreboard lift, main halyard, main outhaul
:)

I've attached the rigging list I made up from Seadago's Nausikaa diagrams and the F35 list elsewhere on the site. I found that 17 feet for the clew reef lines was about 2 feet too short, but it's possible that the sailmaker (back in 2004) had placed the cringles slightly higher up the leech than on the original sails. I didn't measure the mizzen backstay tackle that I made up - I had a length of rope left from a previous boat which provided the backstay and the tackle. I haven't yet had a chance to try out the staysails at sea, so I've yet to discover how long the sheet needs to be - there's several ways of routing the sheet, which will affect length.

PS. It's not the size of the rope that matters with the winch, it's the load - I have needed the winch on the main outhaul. Having thick lines for the reefs seems to be more a matter of comfort when pulling the lines rather than the load they have to take.
Attachments
F30 CK rigging list.pdf
(35.08 KiB) Downloaded 1461 times
Sold for health reasons :(