Freedom 39 Info and Owners?

Freedom 39 Info and Owners?

Postby esinger » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:26 pm

I'm the happy new owner of a 1985 39PHS, hull number 49, soon to be named Victoria -- formerly Simplicity, Wicked, and Enterprise.

I'm curious as to how many 39's were built in total--has anyone seen that information? Also, can anyone point me to a list of owners by model? It would be great to talk to other 39 owners.
S/V Victoria
1985 Freedom 39 Pilothouse Schooner
Miami, FL
esinger

Re: Freedom 39 Info and Owners?

Postby ketch22 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Hello Victoria (AKA Simplicity, Wicked, and Enterprise),

I'm the owner of Ketch 22, hull # 22. ( http://www.ketch-22.com/voyages.html )

You bought one of the last F39s built. The last hull was numbered in the mid 50s. I knew the owner ( I think second at that time ) of the last hull. After completion, the hull sat in the yard for a while. It was finally commissioned in 91 as an Express model. The boat name was Entropy. Ketch 22 and Entropy were both living in Grand Marina in Alameda (San Francisco Bay) in 1998.

Prior to buying Ketch 22 in Clear Lake Texas in 1997, I looked at a schooner model in Florida. They are beautiful boats, but I decided it was the Express model for me. We've put quite few miles under the keel since then. After a nine year Central American sojourn, I brought Ketch 22 back to Alameda where she's located now at the Oakland YC. If you manage to get into the Pacific and as far north as latitude 38, stop in. I'll buy you a beer or two.

Tom
ketch22

Re: Freedom 39 Info and Owners?

Postby lvwiv » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Hello Victoria:

I am a 1 year owner of 39PHS Hull #55 (the last PHS Hull) former known as Quaker II ( serendipitous that your beauty is named "Victoria" I am considering another Queen ("lilibet"

take a look at this link
https://www.yachtingjournal.com/directo ... /length-39
will give you original owner names and some info form most Freedom sailboats
According to this site there were 29 39 Hulls, some Express, some PHS

I am living aboard her in Boston Area and bilge deep in replacing both her original fuel tanks! One way to get to know your SV...

lvwiv
lvwiv

Return to Manuals and Documentation