matthew

Boat handling, ideas, questions...
lewharve

matthew

Post by lewharve »

windsome.jpg
windsome.jpg (95.3 KiB) Viewed 4354 times
we are at floating on the saint johns. we didn't stay on the boat but when we got back we lost our Bimini and the Freezer is not working. other than that we came thru okay, which is good because I love my boat. there are had a few sunk boats and boats on shore some damage but most people are okay..

bad

Re: matthew

Post by bad »

Glad you and the boat are OK.

Erik

VeloFellow

Re: matthew

Post by VeloFellow »

LewHarve,

Glad you made out ok.
Mathew got a little closer and the tide higher leading to more flooding and more boats onshore there. Some loss their docks as big boats blew down intercoastal and salt run knocking lines of perpendicular to shore docks down.
One Marina in St augustine had the stern rudder and half the keel of a 35+ foot sloop out of the water ...as two boats were driven underneath it.

Though I live on the east coast of florida I have not yet moved my boat far from tampa bay in its three years I have had her. Just a great place to sail there. I will have a drive to the boat or a long distance to get to sailing water when I bring it up to northeast florida.

Lost forward gear a while back on my boat and it is slip bound until I can pull motor transmission. House call by diesel doctor couldn't fix it.
Mike
s/v Clave'
1981Freedom 28 #112
Currently sailing Tampa Bay
Buit by Fairways Marine Hamble England
cat ketch, centerboard , wishbone booms, tides track slides
yanmar 2ym15 2blade prop