Airhead composting toilet

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
Zengirl

Airhead composting toilet

Post by Zengirl »

I have a 1985 Freedom32. I want to get Airhead but need to find out if I remove my Raritan is the base big enough and if the airhead is not too tall for that space? Thanks for any input.

Kommy000

Re: Airhead composting toilet

Post by Kommy000 »

Hi Zengirl,
It is funny that I just finished uploading my youtube video of switching from marine toilet to Airhead composting toilet.
It worked out well, the only issue, the bathroom closet door will not open completely with the toilet in place. I will remedy that eventually with shortening the door and door opening.
As far as height, being vertically challenged myself, I'm planning on getting one of those little step stools for my feet since the toilet is on the platform and Airhead is higher than regular marine toilet so you seat higher. It feels like I need to have my fee up on some kind of bump up. Again, easily solved with having one of those poop step stools like squatty potty or something similar.
Our boat is 1984 Freedom 32 so I'm assuming it is the same setup.
Here is the link to video if you want to see what is involved before making a decision. https://youtu.be/qEEG_fItY3s
So far we are very happy with Airhead, no more smells or issues or pump outs. Let me know if you have any questions.

Zengirl2

Re: Airhead composting toilet

Post by Zengirl2 »

Kommy000 wrote:Hi Zengirl,
It is funny that I just finished uploading my youtube video of switching from marine toilet to Airhead composting toilet.
It worked out well, the only issue, the bathroom closet door will not open completely with the toilet in place. I will remedy that eventually with shortening the door and door opening.
As far as height, being vertically challenged myself, I'm planning on getting one of those little step stools for my feet since the toilet is on the platform and Airhead is higher than regular marine toilet so you seat higher. It feels like I need to have my fee up on some kind of bump up. Again, easily solved with having one of those poop step stools like squatty potty or something similar.
Our boat is 1984 Freedom 32 so I'm assuming it is the same setup.
Here is the link to video if you want to see what is involved before making a decision. https://youtu.be/qEEG_fItY3s
So far we are very happy with Airhead, no more smells or issues or pump outs. Let me know if you have any questions.
Believe this! I have such a hard time finding anything on this site. I just found your response almost a year later! Thank you so much for posting and will definitely take a look. I already took the door off, it's underneath the mattress in the aft cabin! I just can't deal with mold, now I hang all my squirt bottles on the lip. OdoBan, degreser, goo gone, windex haha