Freedom 30 1988 holding tank oder

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
chandler

Re: Freedom 30 1988 holding tank oder

Post by chandler »

Yeah me too :)
It's a more advanced composting toilet, I'll see if I can find a link and post it.
Found one.
Not very good at this posting stuff..anyway www.airheadtoilet.com
The f33 that I'm looking at has a 12 gallon holding tank. I think this may be a good solution as opposed to installing a larger tank and all the associated plumbing and pump out shit, pun intended

rubbus

Post by rubbus »

There is also this- along the same lines as an airhead

http://www.natureshead.net/

Never used either, but have read reports of happy customers.

-Rob

Robert

Post by Robert »

Last fall I replaced all the waste hoses in my F32H. While disconnected, I also removed the holding tank for inspection and a thorough cleaning. I have now cured the odor in the cabin of the boat but the locker where the holding tank is installed still has an odor. I believe the tank itself is causing this as I have no leaks.

Since the cleaning, I have also shut off the raw water supply and use only fresh water from a jug to flush the head. The boat is now clear of odors eminating from the head.
Robert

s/y 'Magic' - 1985 Hoyt F32

peterjulia
Location: Peter McLean • F30 • #103 • Shooting Star • West Vancouver, BC • CANADA

1989 F30 Holding Tank Replacement

Post by peterjulia »

I just hauled out our F30 89 holding tank for a clean as well as replacing all the pipes. The tank smells on the outside - I think it's time for a replacement. Does anyone have a lead on a manufacturer that has a suitable mold?

hxschiller

Post by hxschiller »

The metal tanks for Freedoms were built by Aluminum Fabricated Products in Perry, FL.

peterjulia
Location: Peter McLean • F30 • #103 • Shooting Star • West Vancouver, BC • CANADA

Post by peterjulia »

Thanks for that lickity-split response! The holding tank I have is some kind of plastic but now that I smell what happens after 20 years of being on the bum end of things I think aluminum would be preferable. I'll check out those folks in FL.

Peter

dwight

Post by dwight »

Aluminum tanks were made by several other manufacturers including Florida Marine Tanks in Henderson, NC was one, Luther Welding in Bristol, RI are two I know well. Luther is a custom builder and made many one-off tanks and tanks for some of the low volume boats. FMT is a production builder and provides good quantity pricing.
Dwight Escalera
Accredited Marine Surveyor, SAMS #1024
former engineer at Freedom Yachts
former owner F36-71
Wakefield, RI