Propane tank upgrade

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
rvivian

Propane tank upgrade

Post by rvivian »

It's time to replace the propane cylinder on my F-30.

Has anyone figured out the optimum system to install as a replacement? Size? Material? Configuration?

Is a single narrow vertical tank the optimum or should two be fitted?

Etc.
Heart's Desire
Freedom 30
Shelton, WA

mike cunningham

Re: Propane tank upgrade

Post by mike cunningham »

I had one, got a second from http://www.worthingtoncylinders.com/Lib ... .sflb.ashx

for about $120.00.

If you don't use the oven too much these things seem to last forever, or at least until you really really want the stove in which case the bottle will run dry so I go for two which fit nicely in the propane locker. I like two because you know when one is gone and you can plan your refills. I have a few more comments on the propane storage which I'll post later.

Mike
Mike Cunningham
Freedom 30 (Mull) Hull #3
Build date...June, 1986 . Freedom Yachts USA, sloop, shoal keel
Gun Mount and pole retrofitted (purchased from a Hoyt Freedom 32)
Yanmar 2gm20F , 1600 hrs fixed two blade prop
e-rud and ocean racing equipment

peterjulia
Location: Peter McLean • F30 • #103 • Shooting Star • West Vancouver, BC • CANADA

Re: Propane tank upgrade

Post by peterjulia »

Looks like you're in the PNW like I am - we're in Horseshoe Bay in Vancouver. We got our F30 last fall from Dana Pt and it came with 2 of the Worthington tanks. (I've just had them recertified so they're good to go for the next 10 years). Having a full one on the boat is great when one goes empty. We now have a Dickinson heater in addition to the stove/oven so two tanks are essential for us. West Marine sells the 6lb Worthington that the F30 propane locker was designed for. Up here, that tank is 200.00 Cdn before taxes. Mike's 120.00USD is a great deal and I'm looking forward to his additional info.