Seacock/Thru Hull F25

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
bwana753

Seacock/Thru Hull F25

Post by bwana753 »

Does anyone know how the tube that extends below the seacock, thru the hull to the outside is seald? Is there anything on the outside of the hull. I see raw wood for about 3/4 of an inch beyond the glass on the outside of the hull. This doesn't seem right.

Thanks,

Kirk

peaceandfreedom

Re: Seacock/Thru Hull F25

Post by peaceandfreedom »

This does not seem right to me Kirk. Which of the underwater thru hulls looks like this. if you have an inboard you should have three thru hulls below the water line; one on stbrd. for the engine cooling water and two under the port settee; the smaller one for the water intake to flush the head and the larger one for the head discharge. As far as I know the hull is recessed to seat these thru hull flanges, which are possibly sealed by 5200. Does your think your thru hull in question was added post delivery?
Jim D

bwana753

Re: Seacock/Thru Hull F25

Post by bwana753 »

Hey Jim,

She has an outboard so no water intake for the engine just the two on port side for the head. The boat has had nothing added/modified since new. It doesn't look like there has ever been a recces for a flange. There seems to be a metal tube coming out of the seacock. It extends down to within about 3/4 of an inch from the outside of the hull. It is like this on both thru hulls.

Thanks for all your insights.

Kirk