f 45 refrigeration replacement

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
lewharve

f 45 refrigeration replacement

Post by lewharve »

Has anyone replace the refigeration on their freedom 45?
I need to replace my refrigeration as there is none on my boat,
i assume that the original system was air cooled and not water cooled.
Info would be great
Lew

Freespirit

Re: f 45 refrigeration replacement

Post by Freespirit »

Hello Lew,

I replaced the atrocious system on my boat, a Freedom 42, same as 45 w/o sugar scoop. I don't know if it was the original, but was a power hungry, noisy monstrosity.
I put in an air cooled, "cool blue" from Technautics. It works fine with original boxes. It's a holding plate unit in the freezer side with spill over into fridge.
I know I have to re-insulate the boxes, okay here in So-Cal, but would not keep up in the tropics...another project.
It's pricey. I'm thinking about changing to a Engel built in unit, maybe even two side by side.

Chuck
Chuck & Lauri
sv Free Spirit
Freedom 42 Hull #1
Somewhere in the Pacific
http://www.sailfreespirit.com

sailmon

Re: f 45 refrigeration replacement

Post by sailmon »

I've been really happy with the Seafrost unit I installed several years ago. Energy sipper. The company custom built an oversize freezer compartment for me. Excellent customer service... company owner takes tec support phone calls.
Sailmon (Captain Bob Allenick)
S/V Her Diamond
1991 Freedom 38
Cleveland, OH

lewharve

freedom 45 propeller

Post by lewharve »

I need to know what size propeller a freedom needs. .
we sent in the prop to be rebuilt we took it to Orlando where I had a class as we were heading to boat to put it in the water. well the propeller, a maxprop, was stolen. I think someone saw the shiney gold prop and thought they hit the jackpot. who knows it is gone and we need to get the boat in the water.
we bought the boat back from a sorry state so we are broke and can't afford a max prop. what size fixed prop do we need.
need the help
thanks
Lew

Freespirit

Re: freedom 45 propeller

Post by Freespirit »

lewharve wrote:I need to know what size propeller a freedom needs. .
we sent in the prop to be rebuilt we took it to Orlando where I had a class as we were heading to boat to put it in the water. well the propeller, a maxprop, was stolen. I think someone saw the shiney gold prop and thought they hit the jackpot. who knows it is gone and we need to get the boat in the water.
we bought the boat back from a sorry state so we are broke and can't afford a max prop. what size fixed prop do we need.
need the help
thanks
Lew
The prop that came off of my f42(it's a '45 without the sugar scoop) is 18 rh 15..I think that's 18in dia x 15in pitch
That's a shame about your Max.

Chuck
Chuck & Lauri
sv Free Spirit
Freedom 42 Hull #1
Somewhere in the Pacific
http://www.sailfreespirit.com