Activity

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
cindy

Activity

Post by cindy »

Hi its very lonely here, anyone doing anything interesting.

GeoffSchultz

Re: Activity

Post by GeoffSchultz »

I guess that everyone is off enjoying their boats instead of posting...

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org

Rick@RISE

Post by Rick@RISE »

I took close to 30 people sailing yesterday. 3 quads, some neurological patients, therapists and family. They all seemed to have a good time until the winds died down.
We transfer many from bass boats over to the Freedom 21, then back again after an hour.
The idea is to get them involved and out. They have to deal with transferring, sitting, and taking over the tiller as I typically just hand it over and keep with light instructions while I handle the sail.

cindy

Post by cindy »

Good to hear ,hope you are getting on with your cruising plans Geoff.Mine have been a bit scuppered this year due to a shaft leak and having to move my sailmaking business to a new larger site.
Anyway Hurricane boatyard in Bayboro North Carolina have done an excellent job re-glassing the stern tube and re aligning the engine .Didnt think we would get back over to the boat again until November ,so it was a bit strange after freezing some water system stuff last winter to consider putting the pink RV antifreeze fluid in the pipes in temps of 104 degrees in the cabin.!
Heres hoping we get a good passage back to the UK next May.
Cindy :)

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

We haven't done anything so inspiring as Rick, but we are finishing up a bottom job and preparing to get out and about on the bay for some long weekends. :)

You are a sailing Rock star Rick! And my hero for the day.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

Rick@RISE

Post by Rick@RISE »

Kevin here was injured just 17 days ago. He has some good upper body function but zero trunk control. I've got to get some better seating!
Kevin here was injured just 17 days ago. He has some good upper body function but zero trunk control. I've got to get some better seating!
Picture 109.jpg (4.74 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
Here's a guy just injured 17 days ago. He's having a good time!