T-Top

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
THATBOATGUY

T-Top

Post by THATBOATGUY »

We got our top back from the canvas guy complete with a sky-light and 11 (count them) zippers for the side panels. This is going to be so awesome! Tomorrow I start putting down the fids for attachment points and removing hardware that will have to be relocated.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

phildowney

Re: T-Top

Post by phildowney »

hi do post some pics when its done , always loved the cc boats as u can put the moat colossal bimini over that cockpit
phil
Owner of Kusi, UK F35 Cat ketch
Southampton UK

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

So far I'm really happy with the work they are doing for us. Good thing they are happy with the work I'm doing for them too! :) They will scribe for the side panels tomorrow and I'll be setting the fids for the back panels. They will also make a second set of panels that are screen and will zip on and attach just like the isinglass ones. The stack packs are coming last.

The other major project going on is rebuilding our refrigerator and freezer boxes. What a train wreck! Pictures of that one in a separate post soon.

George

Michel

Post by Michel »

George,

Look at your mizzen on the first photo: very nice that you had a shirt collar made on the top of your sail cover! You can dress up your boat with a tie to be allowed in country club marinas. :lol:
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

rubbus

Post by rubbus »

Nice! Just love that boat! :) Would love a shot of the entire boat from a distance with the new top.

Where are you these days? Still in MD?

-Rob

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

@Michel, I'll be along with some photos of the stack packs within two weeks! :)

@Rob, We are still in MD until the 1st, then we are Southbound. :) I'll be able to get the picture from a distance with new top as soon as we launch the dink.

Today John scribed for the side panels and he was sewing away when I last saw him over at Liberty. :) Should be on tomorrow afternoon. I'm putting down the fids for the aft curtains this afternoon so he can pattern for those tomorrow too.

George

SV Celtic Dancer

Post by SV Celtic Dancer »

THATBOATGUY wrote:@Michel, I'll be along with some photos of the stack packs within two weeks! :)

@Rob, We are still in MD until the 1st, then we are Southbound. :) I'll be able to get the picture from a distance with new top as soon as we launch the dink.

Today John scribed for the side panels and he was sewing away when I last saw him over at Liberty. :) Should be on tomorrow afternoon. I'm putting down the fids for the aft curtains this afternoon so he can pattern for those tomorrow too.

George
Hi George,
I know Freedoms are easy to sail and most times all lines are controlled from the cockpit but in the Dodger I cannot see how u can easily leave the cockpit and run forward in an emergency? Maybe there is an easy access that I have missed. Just a comment incase u missed it in your cool design. The top will really be handy in the rain.
Derek

numbknots

Post by numbknots »

George,

In that emergency, please don't knock over the blender drinks. Great job and design. How far south are you traveling? Numbknots
... currently experiencing performance anxiety..,

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

To go forward in a hurry I'll have to unzip one zipper. I toyed with the idea of leading lines into the cockpit but decided to set it up to unzip, reach out, adjust, re-zip.

George