Aquadutch Inflatables

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
JimD

Aquadutch Inflatables

Post by JimD »

I'm aiming this toward Michel Capel.

Michel,

I have an Aquadutch Inflatable and lost and oar (don't ask). I've been trying for several weeks to contact Aquadutch Inflatables without any luck. I sent several emails to their address with no responce. I contacted the local Dutch Chamber of Commerce and they said they contacted them and their still in business. The information that I have for them is as follows:

Aquadutch
De Trompet 18G
1601 MK Enkhuisen
The Netherlands
ph. (0) 228-523 881

email info@aquadutch.com

The point of contact in the states was Hildo Haster before Aquadutch shut down its North American Operations.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jim Demerest
Lady of Remes F36/38

Michel

Re: Aquadutch Inflatables

Post by Michel »

Jim,

They still exist, you can order new oars via their website, they are EUR 30 a piece including 19% tax, which you don't have to pay on export. They ship to the US and you can pay with Paypal. Here's the url: http://www.aquadutch.com/roeispanen-alu-deelbaar.html

Unfortunately it's in Dutch only, but an ordering page is often mostly self explanatory.

I called them but they were out to a trade show (which they say they are often), so I couldn't ask them who their US rep. is. I've sent them an email to ask what the best way is for you to get an oar replaced. Let's see if this works.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

JimD

Post by JimD »

Michel,

Thanks. It's just surprising that they don't answer my e-mails. I 'll let you know how I make out.

Jim Demerest
Lady of Remes
F36/38

Michel

Post by Michel »

Jim,

I received an email from Aquadutch. They don't have a US rep anymore (or elsewhere in the world). They don't accept international payments and don't ship overseas. They suggest that you buy new oars locally, also because shipping costs would be a multitude of product cost. If you insist on having the exact oar replaced disregarding costs, I could order it and ship it to you. Sorry to have no better answer.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

JimD

Post by JimD »

Michel,

I going to the Annapolis Boat Show next Monday. If I can not find a replacement I'll take you up on your offer. I have to figure out how to get payment to you.

I know that times have been tough , but Aquadutch's response seems a little extreme. My boat is still under warranty which now looks useless.

Thanks again.

Jim

JimD

Post by JimD »

Michel,

I found two sources for the oars at the Annapolis Show yesterday. One is local in Annapolis. I'm going to thier shop on Thursday and with any luck will go home with new oars.

Again thanks for your help.

Jim Demerest
F36/38 Lady of Remes