any F25's with a chain locker?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
yarrow

any F25's with a chain locker?

Post by yarrow »

wondering if their are any F25's out their with a chain locker in the bow? their is alot of room and it wouldn't be very hard to add but it would add alot of weight to the frt of the boat. If their are any of you who have this please post pics or tell me what you think?
cheers,
yarrow
82' F25 winged spar, inboard diesel
95' B3 I-14
providence RI

Tricia

Re: any F25's with a chain locker?

Post by Tricia »

Mine had a combination rope-spliced-to-chain rode in the anchor locker. I think it was 250 ft of rope and 30 ft of chain. There was a small deck pipe aft of the cleat on the foredeck.

Tricia
ex 1982 Freedom 25 wing mast
Freedom 30

R. Bush

Post by R. Bush »

My boat has the chain locker built into the bow. I have about 12 ft. of chain, and the rest of the rode is nylon line. I didn't notice any difference sailing when I took the whole thing out for cleaning and repair. Wouldn't want to put 200 ft. of chain up there though. You also need to pre-think anchor type and storage. Not only is that more weight in the bow, but I couldn't come up with any way to easily attach an anchor roller to the pulpit for storing a plow type anchor. Don't want something sharp up there on the foredeck to snag and rip the spinnaker during launch and retrieval.
F25 "Small Axe"
Okanagan Lake, BC

hxschiller

Post by hxschiller »

My F-25 had small deck pipe to lead the anchor line and chain below. Below was a standard kitchen size trash bucket, screwed to the underside of the deck, with a thru-hull filling in the bottom, and attached to this thru-hull fitting was a 1/2" vinyl hose to lead any water past the area under the V-berth to the bilge.