F 36 port lights

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
johays

F 36 port lights

Post by johays »

Just bought an F 36. Does anyone know the manufacturer of the port lights and whether they are still in business and /or where I can find parts ie gaskets, screens and handles? Thank you for the help.
Jim Hays

TimS

Re: F 36 port lights

Post by TimS »

Jim,
I have a 1992 Freedom 32 and need to replace the gasket in the porthole above the stove as it is leaking. I was wondering if you were able to find out who the manufacturer was of the portholes/portlights for your boat and where parts can be purchased? I think the 36 and the 32 (which is a Freedom 30 with a walk on transom) probably used the same portholes. I assumed that they were made by Lewmar but did not find them on their website.

Thanks

Tim

Knevins

Post by Knevins »

We have F36/38 hull #42, 1987. Our portlights are Beckson. In the past I had taken them out and rebedded them. Gaskets and cam type handles are available. They can be polished and made more clear using Brasso.

Our hatches are Bowmar Hi Profile Stlye A. Hatch gaskets are item # P2000-26. Need eighteen feet to replace the gaskets in all three hatches. I replaced the lens in the bow hatch (another story). Latches for the hatches are also available. Hatches and parts available Pompanette, LLC, PO Box 1200, Charleston, NH 03603. (603) 826-5791. They have a good website.

Happy sailing
Kerry Nevins
F36/38, Gloucester Point, VA

Messing About

Post by Messing About »

The majority of our opening ports are leaking during heavy rain and the fixed port lights are fogged over so we are wanting to replace them. We are also considering doing all of them in stainless if we can find a source. If you have any luck at all finding a source for yours, I would love to hear about it! Best of luck.
1988 F36/38
s/v Soltura