F40 and F44 Bunk Lengths

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
bad

F40 and F44 Bunk Lengths

Post by bad »

Hey folks. First post. I am a long term cat boat sailor, both in Europe (old style) and in the SF Bay area (Wyliecat) and am considering the Freedoms as a cruising boat. At 6'-3" height though I've had some problems fitting into berths on various boats. So question to the group... How long are the bunks? Can several of you kind souls take a tape measure and let me know... I am more concerned with the double/master/V-berths

Freedom 40 AC

Freedom 40 CC

Freedom 44

Also - you any of you are on the West Coast, California preferred, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Erik

Michel

Re: F40 and F44 Bunk Lengths

Post by Michel »

Hi Erik,

I'm 6'-5". I owned a UK built 1986 F35 catketch (mk I model with cabin bulge in the cockpit) and now an 1981 F44 catketch. Bunks on the F44 are shortish (don't know the exact length, suspect it to be around 6'- 2"), but wide enough to sleep well if you don't sleep straight on your back. The berths in the F35 were 2 meters long, so well adapted to the modern sailor. Reading yachting magazines, I generally find that European yachts have longer berths than even new American yachts. That's odd, because for shoes and boots it's the other way around, the sizes go up further in the US (I have size UK13 / US14); I can hardly buy fitting shoes here in the Netherlands.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

In the main cabin of our F40cc the v-berth is 6'2"; the double pull-out is 8'2" (yes, that's eight feet and two inches). The quarter or pilot berth is 6'2"

In the aft cabin the double berth is 6'7" but you will want to be pretty good friends with your partner back there. ;)

Keep in mind that there are various versions of the F40 CC layout. Ours has the u-shaped dinette.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

bad

Post by bad »

Thanks you guys! Excellent help so far. Any other owners can give measurements on the 44 or 40AC?

Erik