F25 track material for wing mast

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
arterry

F25 track material for wing mast

Post by arterry »

I have just become the owner of F25 hull #7. This boat is in very good overall condition, with only about 90 hours on the 1GM Yanmar deisel. Also has the wing mast, and all appears to be in fine shape with the mast except for a few small areas of the sail track where it looks like "bites" have been taken out of the track, possibly by mishandling during the stepping/unstepping process.

*******I'm concerned that a sail lug could escape through one of these breaks during the hoist.*****

CLOSER INSPECTION OF THE MAINSAIL REVEALS THAT IT HAS ONLY A BOLTROPE. NO LUGS. STILL, THE LUFF TRACK HAS BROKEN AND/OR IS READY TO IN TWO PLACES.
IT APPEARS THAT THE TRAILING EDGE OF THE MAST HAS A "T" TRACK, VERY NARROW, MAYBE 5/8" AND THAT THE LUFF MOLDING SLIDES ONTO THE TRACK IN ONE LONG SECTION.

My question for the group is where can I get my hands on replacement track, and failing that, I'd love to hear possible ideas for patching these areas.

OK, WITH NO RESPONSES, I TAKE IT THAT NOBODY KNOWS WHERE THE TRACK CAN BE HAD. i'll take it from here and let the group know what I discover.

peaceandfreedom

Re: F25 track material for wing mast

Post by peaceandfreedom »

I own a f25 wing mast that has the same bolt rope track as yours. Mine is also damaged in certain areas. This mast is currently unemployed, and I was planing to remove and disgard the bolt rope track. You are welcome to have as much of my old track as you want, however, I would recommend you switch to an aluminum channel and attach slides to the luff.
Happy sailing
Jim D

CrazyRU

Post by CrazyRU »

Arterry, you can slide Tides Marine track into exsiting slot. It is not cheap, but everyone praise the track. I'm considering one for my boat.
http://www.tidesmarine.com/sail-track.shtml
CR
s/v "NEMO" - Freedom 28 Cat Ketch centerboard

moosemcclintock

Post by moosemcclintock »

The T track can be had at Bainbridge International, call 800 422 5684 and ask for Forrest, he's a sailor and knows exactly what you need. If they don't have it you can get it at West Marine, though BI supplies them so they should have it.