LP gas pressure gauge?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
dlynch

LP gas pressure gauge?

Post by dlynch »

I have a 1987 Freedom 30. The LP gas pressure gauge suddenly started reading zero when the propane tank was turned on. I believe the regulator is working fine because we are able to use the burners on the stove and the oven. This is what makes me think that the gauge has gone bad. I am planning to replace the pressure gauge but I can't remember what the dial reads (what the range of the numbers is). The vessel is shrink wrapped and there is no way to get into it right now. Can anyone who owns a similar vessel please let me know what the range of numbers on the pressure gauge is? I think that I remember the needle on 40 when the gas was turned on but I'm not certain. Any help from members of this forum would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Dr. Don
F30 Solitude
Blue Hill, ME

1980raven

Re: LP gas pressure gauge?

Post by 1980raven »

DD, My Trident Marine LPG Propane Gas Leak Test Adapter came with a 300# Gauge (that measures the tank pressure). The pressure downstream of the regulator should read around 14" wc. Hope this helps; think spring! Art
Freedom 28 CK Hull# 14, centerboard, wrap around sails with WB booms
Narragansett Bay, RI

bobr

Re: LP gas pressure gauge?

Post by bobr »

Mine was broken when I bought the boat this spring.
Range on the gauge was up to 400 psi. It reads about 90 psi when the valve is open.
Found a replacement at a commerecial propane dealer. Cost was about 12 bucks.
Bob R.
1995 Freedom 35 (Pedrick)
"Liberty"
Old Saybrook, CT