Toe Rails

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Tyche

Toe Rails

Post by Tyche »

Got Tyche in the water last week and had two beautiful sails on Buzzards Bay over the weekend - frostbite sailing!

Over the winter, one of the projects was replacing the aluminum toe rail, as the interaction between the aluminum toe rail and the stainless stanchion was causing some issues... As the boat yard was unable to find replacement toe rails, we ended up going with teak toe rails, which dresses up the boat quite a bit. Also allowed us to replace the chocks, which weren't quite big enough to handle more than one line at a time Going to oil the teak and let it weather.
Attachments
IMG_4578.jpg
IMG_4578.jpg (96.2 KiB) Viewed 5968 times

tnltracy

Re: Toe Rails

Post by tnltracy »

Looks great! They sure do add a line to the boat that you don't get with the Aluminum. well done!
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

TomBianca

Post by TomBianca »

Greetings, by chance do you have the old aluminum stern chocks that you removed? We need a stbd replacement chock on our F32 Mull...Thanks, Tom/434.973.0622

peaceandfreedom

Post by peaceandfreedom »

The new teak toe rail really adds to the look of your boat. Makes me think I might replace my aluminum toe rail in the future. Did you do the work yourself? How hard was it to remove the aluminum toe rails?

Happy sailing
Jim D.

Tyche

Post by Tyche »

TomBianca wrote:Greetings, by chance do you have the old aluminum stern chocks that you removed? We need a stbd replacement chock on our F32 Mull...Thanks, Tom/434.973.0622

I am checking with the boatyard to see if they are still in the shop. Will let you know.

tnltracy

Post by tnltracy »

Not sure how close they are, but I may be interested in a couple of them as well for my Hoyt F32 to reconfigure my bow chocks
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI