What Dinghy?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
daletournier

What Dinghy?

Post by daletournier »

Hi all, I have been asked privately by a velo member about whether I have a dinghy ad in a previous photo I poted showed just a Kayak. Thought I'd post my reply in case anyone else is interested.Yes I have a Takacat Sport dinghy with a 8hp yamaha. Its a little unusual as its a little catamaran inflatable. I went this way due to its slooping bow which enables me to fit it between the dodger and vang, the front just slides under the vang.The dighy thing is hard on a smaller boat ( pain in the butt ). I dont have davits so it gets stored on deck, towed or rolled up on long passages. Im currently building a little system like Dinghy tow which enables me to tow stern up and backwards.
I was also asked if I anchor out alot relative Mike, yes I have a Takacat Sport dinghy with a 8hp yamaha. Its a little unusual as its a little caramaran inflatable. The dighy thing is hard on a smaller boat ( pain in the butt ). I dont have davits so it gets stored on deck, towed or rolled up on long passages. Im currently building a little system like Dinghy tow which enables me to tow stern up and backwards.
I anchor out mostly although I do head into a marina today for 3 months getting Freeform ready for Raja Ampat and Indonesia. Ive been in the Philippines for 6 months and to using a marina. I anchor out mostly although I do head into a marina today for 3 months getting Freeform ready for Raja Ampat and Indonesia. Ive been in the Philippines for 6 months and marinas are very scarce, therefore everynight for 6 months has been at anchor. Had my first ever intruder board Freeform at night last week. Approx 11.30pm Susan ( crew ) woke and said " there's someone on board" I ran on deck just in time to see a young guy getting into his canoe and paddling away. Susan then said your phone is missing! It was charging on the chart table, the intruder had come downstairs into Freeform while we slept! Not very comforting. By now my anger level has risen to the not very happy level. I through the kayak in the water and paddled to the village. The villagers were up as when I discovered my phone gone I yelled" bring my phone back thief" several times in a not so pleasant very loud voice. Anyway the short of the story is the village people were just awesome, with 8n 1 hour they had my phone back to me and offering me food which they have little of. It was just a teenager that had fallen to temptation. Please dont get the wrong idea, the Filopinos are very honest and wonderfully pleasant people this was just a unfortunate incident. But it has got me thinking about boat security.
Please forgive grammar etc, typing on phone and cant fully see the full commentary as typing.
Cheers Dale.
Attachments
14306984631622.jpg
14306984631622.jpg (163.01 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
14306984140031.jpg
14306984140031.jpg (200.21 KiB) Viewed 2491 times