Deck Light Bulb for F38

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Ereiss

Deck Light Bulb for F38

Post by Ereiss »

The deck light (you know, the one half way up the mast that illuminates the foredeck, is out. I was hoping someone would know the bulb spec so that I only have to make one trip up the mast to replace, rather than one to find the size, a trip to the marina store and another trip up to replace it.

thanks
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

wcwcwc

Re: Deck Light Bulb for F38

Post by wcwcwc »

Ed.
I fear that this is not a standard part and probably has been replaced by PO. Want some help with this?
Bill Cormack
Formerly Sailing F-36 "Hard Earned" out of New Bedford Yacht Club, Padanaram, MA. Now a member of Pelagic Sailing Club a New England based club whose members are about half boat owners and half crew.

jamesorr

Post by jamesorr »

If it is OEM (at least per my F32 (Mull)), it would probably be the Aqua Signal, Series 25 Combined Masthead / Foredeck, Steaming Light -- so first question would be is it a combination light (i.e. both a steaming and foredeck light). "If" so, the specifications for the "bulbs" would be:

REPLACEMENT BULBS
Style Wattage Voltage Article number
SV 8.5-8.41mm 10W 12V 9040017700

Style Wattage Voltage Article number
BA9s Halogen 20W 12V 9040047000

James Orr
Orr What
1988 Freedom 32 (Mull)
Sodus Bay, NY

F32Circle

Post by F32Circle »

James, your comment has me curious: does your F32 have a foredeck light, either the one pictured or another one? If so do you think it was original equipment? My 1985 does not, just a steaming light, and of course the anchor light at the top of the mast.
Dale
F32 Hull #67, Saybook CT.
Yanmar 3GMF, Loose-footed Main, MaxProp, Ronca, Muir windlass,
Heart Interface inverter/charger, SeaFrost

jamesorr

Post by jamesorr »

My best guess is that the light (the one shown) was original to the boat. In addition, their also needs to be three wires to the fixture (i.e. ground, steaming light, foredeck light (which there was) and separate switches on the lighting panel (which there was).
James Orr
Orr What
1988 Freedom 32 (Mull)
Sodus Bay, NY