Hatch repair

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Ereiss

Hatch repair

Post by Ereiss »

I spoke with the Norwalk folks at the Newport boat show. Tony asked me to send pictures and he would give me a quote. Four emails later, no response. Anyone have another recommendation? If he is this unresponsive on a quote can't imagine how he would be in actually doing the work.

Happy New Year to everyone.
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

bobr

Re: Hatch repair

Post by bobr »

Ereiss wrote:I spoke with the Norwalk folks at the Newport boat show. Tony asked me to send pictures and he would give me a quote. Four emails later, no response. Anyone have another recommendation? If he is this unresponsive on a quote can't imagine how he would be in actually doing the work.

Happy New Year to everyone.
Hi Ed,

Sorry to hear about the lack of communication from Select. Their website looked current when I last looked within the past month.

A friend had them do both large hatches on his Ericson 38 maybe 5 years ago. I believe the total cost was about $800 which includes new gaskets as well as lenses. He was very happy with the service and the results.

I'm planning to have this job done in the spring. I don't know of any other supplier. Please keep us posted if you think of it.

Thanks!
Bob R.
1995 Freedom 35 (Pedrick)
"Liberty"
Old Saybrook, CT

midnightsailor

Post by midnightsailor »

Can you be more specific about the type of hatch and type of repair you need ? Pics are helpful. I have done a number of different repairs and perhaps I can be of some help , Rick
1982 Freedom 33 Cat Ketch, Hull # 53, Standard Booms, deep keel ,tall rig
An armed man is a citizen, An unarmed man is a subject. George Washington

Ereiss

Post by Ereiss »

Thanks but finally heard from them and sent the hatch to them. Need to replace crazed plastic.
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

CaptLen

Post by CaptLen »

They do great work. Can't understand the lack of communication- they've always been very good. Had my main Bomar hatch done some years ago $400

Ereiss

Post by Ereiss »

Len,

They did do great work. I think they are just not email people. When I picked up the phone and spoke with them life became simple.

I would recommend them.
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA