Dingy Davits

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
bobr

Dingy Davits

Post by bobr »

Anybody installed them on a Pedrick 35? Or studied the question and decided not to?

Your experience and photos appreciated.
Bob R.
1995 Freedom 35 (Pedrick)
"Liberty"
Old Saybrook, CT

Camino

Re: Dingy Davits

Post by Camino »

Hi - I have P35 and have been investigating davits as well - the Weaver davit System imho will not work as when the boat heels you'll drag one end of the dinghy in the drink. I was interesting in the simplicity of that system. The company talked me out of it. Use of a suitable tower like a radar arch thingy lifting the dink out of the water will do
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

Use of a suitable tower like a radar arch thingy lifting the dink...
We have just that, a stainless tower arch for bimini, radar, gps, etc. There are loops welded for rigging a suspended dinghy. Got the slung rope and blocks, have no idea if it is all there. Answer to a lot of questions, "Came with the boat." 1993 F35 Pedrick

Can take photos if anyone is interested. Heck, I should string up the gear to see if it actually is all there.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

Camino

Post by Camino »

Bill - is the davit system in your boat, with the tower? Or in the garage? :). I'd love to see a pic! Just got my p35 back in the water after 5 months on the hard. I will be looking for something like yours.
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
Emery Cove, CA

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

We downsized after downsizing, so everything boat related is on boat. Ha!

Glad to hear you got your boat back in the water. Things have been busy, had intended in contacting you and compare notes. We probably will take advantage of favorable tides this weekend and sail a bit. Got a lap around Alcatraz this past Sunday.

Our tower has small horseshoes welded into upper reaches and assume they are there to support some rigging that appears to be a system to support a dinghy. We don't have an inflatable to go ashore if we ever visit Angel Island, Clipper Cove or the like.

Can try to take pics this weekend. The tower was much appreciated last weekend. Bimini shade kept us from roasting. Interferes sightline to wind vane, but ducking occasionally to see the top of mast was worth the tradeoff.

Would enjoy a chance to see your boat and welcome you any time you could drop by our marina or meet on the bay. My email is: tennismith at aol dot com (one 's')
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

Camino

Post by Camino »

Ah Bill - Good Way II will be on the bay around 7/11/17. We are keeping her in Stockton this month to refit and we have a wedding here 7/7/17 (one daughter). Look forward to meeting you!
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
Emery Cove, CA