Companionway doors

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories
Monty

Companionway doors

Post by Monty »

On our Freedom 40/40, Full Monty (2001), our companionway doors are composed of three panels of heavy plastic, that go in the slides on either side. The companionway is slightly V-shaped (as in wider at the top than the bottom). The panels are inconvenient to store when we want the boat open (we wedge them behind the aft stateroom door). Had had pins put in the bottom panel to act as a bridge deck if necessary. A fellow sailor suggested storing them under the cockpit table (building a custom slide to hold them). I wondered if anyone has tried this. Or found companionway doors that would fit and be easier to use (fold back). Suggestions are appreciated!
s/v Full Monty (Freedom 40/40)

germanojohn

Re: Companionway doors

Post by germanojohn »

Monty,
On my 40/40, (Hull # 7), there are storage compartments under each step. My boards store in the lowest compartment (second step from the bottom). Nice fit and they are out of the way.

Riki

Post by Riki »

We have a 1997 40/40 and we store the two bottom ones in the bottom stair compartment, although the top one doesn't fit. So we place that one under one of the seat cushions on the starboard settee.
1997 Freedom 40/40 Hull #27

Monty

Post by Monty »

Thanks for that suggestion. However, our Panda generator lives under the bottom step, so that space isn't available.
s/v Full Monty (Freedom 40/40)