trailer advice Freedom 21 shoal draft

Anything that doesn't fit into the other Physical Systems categories

trailer advice Freedom 21 shoal draft

Postby Jesse » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi All,

I have an F21 shoal draft and I am thinking about fixing up an old trailer to transport and store the boat. I have seen a lot of photos on the web of such trailers and have a good idea how to modify the trailer (e.g., keel support board and bunks) but I was curious if it is a problem if the back of the boat extends beyond the trailer. I have seen some pictures where the trailer is much smaller than the boat. Is this a problem? I know all the weight goes on the fin, so I cannot see why it would matter if the trailer is a bit shorter than the boat; as long as the fin is fully supported on the keel board. The trailer I have is 19.75 feet from tongue to tail.

Anyway, if anyone is willing or able to offer advice about if this trailer might work out, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks and best wishes
Jesse
Jesse

Re: trailer advice Freedom 21 shoal draft

Postby drcscruggs » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 pm

FWIW,
I don't think it should be too much of a problem assuming that it does not extend too much. I would be more concerned about whether or not the axles are overloaded. Not sure what it weights or the ability of the trailer. You certainly should be aware of both. I would not think a foot or even two should be an issue. Now 5 feet...., probably not. I am not an expert on trailers, just my 2 cents. Best.
drcscruggs

Re: trailer advice Freedom 21 shoal draft

Postby hkowalczyk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:02 pm

It is not a problem at all. Here is the back of mine.
Attachments
Photo editing_Cloud20181028.jpg
Photo editing_Cloud20181028.jpg (198.94 KiB) Viewed 132 times
hkowalczyk

Return to Everything Else