F32 (Hoyt) Mystery Switch

Batteries, Generators, Solar, Wind and Electronics
joseph.syc

F32 (Hoyt) Mystery Switch

Post by joseph.syc »

New F32 Hoyt owner who just discovered a switch next to the sink in the head (see attached photo). I have no idea what it does. Nothing seems to happen when I operate it by pulling out. The back of the switch is visible and accessible in the head's hanging locker, but the wiring disappears into a lot of other wires that make tracing not so easy.

Is this switch standard in the F32's, and, if so, what does it do? If not, I will trace wires and figure it out, but was hoping this is an easy question for the collective wisdom of the group..
Attachments
Head Sink Question.jpg
Head Sink Question.jpg (44.49 KiB) Viewed 3813 times
S/V Timbuktu
Freedom 32 - Hoyt
Hull #43

Rick Simonds

Re: F32 (Hoyt) Mystery Switch

Post by Rick Simonds »

It pumps out the water from the shower. You first have to turn on the breaker marked (I think) "sump pump."

Rick
Tallahassee

joseph.syc

Re: F32 (Hoyt) Mystery Switch

Post by joseph.syc »

Ah ha! I do have the breaker on the DC panel, and when I turn the breaker on, the shower sump comes on. I know the shower sump pump is new, so perhaps one of the previous owners wired the new pump directly to the breaker switch, though having used the shower once (when I first noticed the switch BTW), it sure would be handy to have the switch work the sump from inside the head and not have to lean out dripping water all over the main cabin sole or the nav station...

I will investigate on rewiring to put it back in operation.

Thanks!
S/V Timbuktu
Freedom 32 - Hoyt
Hull #43