Fuel Line size

Engines, Drive trains, Propellers, Steering, Ground Tackle and other mechanical system
carhelpguy31

Fuel Line size

Post by carhelpguy31 »

Hey fellow Freedom owners. New owner of a Freedom F32 here. While looking over the boat and noticing I have to drain and flush the fuel tank (boat has been sitting for a couple of years). I noticed that the Racor fuel/water separator is installed on the fuel return line to the tank. Being a diesel mechanic for many years I know this does not seem right. I am going to relocate it after I flush out the tank. I am also going to get a tee fitting in the supply line so I can put a pump on it to pump the fuel tank out. My question for you is does anyone know what size the rubber fuel lines are that are on the tank? It is a 1990 Freedom with the 16 hp 2GMF Yanmar. I am about 3.5 hours away from the boat and want to gather up my materials before going back up to the boat to work on it. You input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
Mike Russell
Bazinga!
Freedom 30/32
Cheboygan, MI.

Ereiss

Re: Fuel Line size

Post by Ereiss »

Mike;

I'll be going down this weekend to the boat if you still need a measurement. i assume that it would be the same as on my F38 with it 3YM30.

Regards
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

carhelpguy31

Re: Fuel Line size

Post by carhelpguy31 »

I believe I may have it figured out. I'm headed to the boat this weekend as well. I believe its 3/8 but have a couple of different size fittings. I will post it when I'm sure.
Mike Russell
Bazinga!
Freedom 30/32
Cheboygan, MI.