F36 Jib Halyard Replacement

wcwcwc

F36 Jib Halyard Replacement

Post by wcwcwc »

Can anyone give me suggestions for jib halyard diameter and construction for my F36?
Bill Cormack
Formerly Sailing F-36 "Hard Earned" out of New Bedford Yacht Club, Padanaram, MA. Now a member of Pelagic Sailing Club a New England based club whose members are about half boat owners and half crew.

Knevins

Re: F36 Jib Halyard Replacement

Post by Knevins »

Freedom recommends for Jib Halyard: Low Stretch Dacron 7/16" red 86'. I recently replaced mine with NE Stay set X. I deal with West Marine but I am sure there are other dealers.

I have a 1986 F36 and have the owners' manual. I have the rigging specs on my computer and will try to send them to you if you give me your email. I otherwise can send you the rigging specs by mail.

Kerry Nevins
F36/38, York River, Chesapeake Bay

GeoffSchultz

Post by GeoffSchultz »

Why don't you just post them here?

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org

Ereiss

Post by Ereiss »

I've been using Cajun Trading out of Canada for my lines. Found their quality to be excellent. Just had them make up a set of mooring lines for me this spring. Very good prices.

http://www.cajuntrading.ca/

Yes, please post the list of lines as mine is on the boat.

regards,
Ed Reiss
Being There
F38 - #154
out of Marion, MA

BruceW

Post by BruceW »

Just replaced all halyards on a F36. Used 7/16" diameter on originals and stayed with that. Suggest that Defender has excellent prices and great rigging services.

Bruce

philipl

Post by philipl »

Kerry,

I would love to get my hands on an owners manual for F36/38. Any ideas where I can get one? Online? Recently pruchased an 1990 F38.
Philip Leahy
F-38 ex Manchester, MA.

MaloPoMalo

Post by MaloPoMalo »

philipl wrote:Kerry,

I would love to get my hands on an owners manual for F36/38. Any ideas where I can get one? Online? Recently pruchased an 1990 F38.
I still have my 1988 manual in very good condition ... it is quite thick, but I can find out how much it would cost to have duplicated if you are really needing one. -- Alan

philipl

Post by philipl »

Alan,
Yes, When you get a chance could you please let me know how much it would cost to copy or scan. I can forward you a check in advance to cover the costs. Philip .
MaloPoMalo wrote:
philipl wrote:Kerry,

I still have my 1988 manual in very good condition ... it is quite thick, but I can find out how much it would cost to have duplicated if you are really needing one. -- Alan
Philip Leahy
F-38 ex Manchester, MA.