New sails for F45

Destiny crew

New sails for F45

Post by Destiny crew »

Hello all -

I need to replace main and camber spar jib on my F45CC. Doyle's are on it now and are good. I got a quote from them for cruising sails: traditional cut Dacron (main- $7.8G, jib-2.2G), tri-radial laminate [their DacronVectran 18] (main-14.5G, jib-3.8G) and moulded Stratis (main-17.1G, jib-5.1G) . $$Ouch$$ The sails are wearing at tack, clew and some fabric tears easily, otherwise I would have them rebuilt/restitched.

I have had good work done by DoyleChespeake on repairs and on asym-spin and would l ike to use them. What makers have any of you used recently and your experiences? North? Quantum? I would like to get some sails that don't lose their shape in two years like straight dacron polyester does (we do extended cruising).
Thanks in advance.
John

blewberrypancakes

Re: New sails for F45

Post by blewberrypancakes »

John,
I have had sails built for my Freedom 45 by Eggers Sailmakers of South Amboy, New Jersey (732-721-4667). My newsletter, www.newsfromthebow.com, did an article on Eggers in its current issue. You might want to check that out before further looking around. Let me know what you find out, and what you thought of the article.
Best of luck,
Stu
mdlaw3@comcast.net