removing traveller track F30

dolescs

removing traveller track F30

Post by dolescs »

I'm trying to do a companionway opening hatch upgrade on my F30. to do this I need to remove the sliding hatch cover and before that the traveller track. can anyone confirm how to accomplish this? it appears it may be bolted from below and the headliner would need removed. does anyone know of an option to remove the sliding hatch cover without removing the traveller track? the sliding hatch appears aftermarket but i don't know how it was installed and it leaks slightly on a heavy rain and its driving me nuts.

mbb05055

Re: removing traveller track F30

Post by mbb05055 »

Not sure that this is what you are asking... but to remove hatch cover, on my F30 you simply undo the screws on the fiberglass "turtle cover" (the shell that is forward of the traveler, can't remember its real name). Once that is off you can slide the acrylic or lexan sheet all the way forward under the traveler and it will come free.

Mary B
F 30 Corydora
Belfast ME

dolescs

Re: removing traveller track F30

Post by dolescs »

doh! it was clear upon dissassmbly that the hatch cover could be easily slid aft out from under the traveler track... apologies for my idiocy.

btw, my leak is actually at the aft end of the opening, starboard side and entry point seems to be where the small teak barrier is under the sliding hatch and goes across the cabin top companionway opening. can share pics as well once I muscle the aluminum track out. (it's bedded pretty solidly)

Chris