Vang connection on F30

lee

Vang connection on F30

Post by lee »

The ring at the base of my mast that connects the mast end of the boom vang (the center ring) has been broken off. The previous owner has crimped a wire between two of the other rings to the vang which looks dubious at best. I was wondering if anyone else had an idea for attaching the boom vang to the mast. I have seen a heavy duty metal cuff that surrounds the mast that was probably fabricated for the boat, but if anyone knows if this is a item that can be purchased I would love to know. I would be open to any other good ideas. Also are these rings a known weak point?
Thanks

jdpandlp

Re: Vang connection on F30

Post by jdpandlp »

I had the band you are describing made by Garhauer Marine when I installed rigid vangs on my Express 39. I would recommend Garhauer.

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

Garhauher Marine sells this for the Freedoms. I bought one for my F38 about 4 years ago, so don't recall the details, but they'll size it for your mast. They need the diameter of your mast at the bottom and about 9 inches off the deck, if I recall correctly. Just give their tech support a call (909-985-9993). I also bought the rigid vang to hold up the boom. Excellent upgrades for the boat....
Kynntana, Freedom 38

lee

Post by lee »

Thank you. I have contacted Garhauer marine.