Possible improvements

User feedback on how things are run, organized, etc.
Michel

Possible improvements

Post by Michel »

Geoff,
I have a few suggestions for improvements. Have a look at the BB at www.aspireoneuser.com. It's also a phpBB. It has a few things I like very much: I stay logged in (in the FOG board the checkbox remember me doesn't seem to work.

And could you perhaps check if there are upload limits? Both Alain and me tried to upload a 8 or 9 Mb perkins manual. I broke it off after 10 minutes, not being sure if something was happening. If it's possible a gauge keeping track of the upload status (speed and Mb's to go) would help.

Michel
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

THATBOATGUY

Re: Possible improvements

Post by THATBOATGUY »

I've been wondering about the remember me thing also Michel, I've been assuming that while Geoff is making changes several per day we are getting bounced out and need to log back in. Thanks for asking though as it's something I've had on the back of my mind also.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

GeoffSchultz

Post by GeoffSchultz »

Alain,

I think that I have it fixed. Something broke when I moved the forum from geoffschultz.org to freedomyachts.org. I made a change and now it seems to be keeping you logged in between sessions.

Are you still having issues with uploading the 8-9 MB PDF file? I upped the limit to 10 MB, so it should go.

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org

Michel

Post by Michel »

Geoff,

I still have problems being remembered by the forum. I use two computers (one vista, one XP) both with Mozilla FireFox 3 however. Not much of an issue, because FireFox remembers my username and password when I click the login button.
Michel Capel, Freedom 44 #4 1981 'Alabama Queen', NED8188, cat ketch with wishbones, home port Enkhuizen, the Netherlands, 52*42.238'N 005*18.154'E.

GeoffSchultz

Post by GeoffSchultz »

You'll have to log in once again and then after that it should work. It has to create a cookie that contains with the right domain name. It's working for me now on MSIE, Firefox and Chrome.

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40

Alain

Post by Alain »

GeoffSchultz wrote:Alain,

Are you still having issues with uploading the 8-9 MB PDF file? I upped the limit to 10 MB, so it should go.
-- Geoff
Yes, I still have problems uploading that pdf file.
I also had login problems, but got rid of cookies, saved ID and password from my browsers (Firefox and Safari on Mac OS), and everything OK now. My next test will be through XP Explorer, just in case this upload problem could be linked with the browser/OS system
Alain

THATBOATGUY

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Hey Michel,

If all that still dosn't work you might have to dump your cookies. Then log in again.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage

GeoffSchultz

Post by GeoffSchultz »

I found that I had to modify PHP settings as well as board settings to allow it to upload such large files. You can now upload 12 MB files with a max of 20 MB per post.

Alain, your file has been uploaded into the "Manuals and Documentation" forum: http://freedomyachts.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=62

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40