freshwater pump in 32 and other questions

Fresh/Waste Water Systems, Watermakers, HVAC, Refrigeration...
jeffalligood

freshwater pump in 32 and other questions

Post by jeffalligood »

Replacing freshwater system in 1985 Freedom 32, and hope some folks can help me...

Old pump was installed in sail locker, along with Raritan water heater and 1.0 liter accumulator tank. Was pretty cramped, close together, difficult to service, etc. Thus...

1) Where to install new water pump? Considering right next to water tank, maybe the bilge, or perhaps in the head locker. Thoughts??

2) Have a new 1 gallon accumulator tank, and same install question - where to install? Thinking head locker?

3) Thinking Watts Sea Tech fittings with 1/2 pex - all quick connect. Thoughts?

Thanks so much!!!!

Jeff

tnltracy

Re: freshwater pump in 32 and other questions

Post by tnltracy »

Hi Jeff,

Replaced mine, but kept in original location. There was mention in one of the old F32 newsletters of someone relocating next to the tank, just fwd of the nav station. Surely would alleviate any priming issues, but you'd have to rethink the manual pump if you have one.

Tom.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

rvivian

Post by rvivian »

I replaced the hoses in the plumbing in my F-30 with 1/2" PEX using screw-on reusable connectors a couple of years ago.

The 1/2" PEX piping works fine.

A few of the fittings developed leaks this summer so I have just replaced the fittings with SS PEX crimp on clamps and fittings. (Home Depot)
Heart's Desire
Freedom 30
Shelton, WA

cptprogreso

Post by cptprogreso »

I have the same question on my f 33 the water pump has been relocated below the bench and is weel above the water tank level, i think because of that is allways working and the pump never stop.
Do i am correct¿ were was the original location¿