Gun Mount Spinnakers

Teke's Pride

Re: Gun Mount Spinnakers

Post by Teke's Pride »

The Gunmount poll on my F21 is not tapered. This has an advantage (IMHO) of not needing to unship the pole to store it. Just swing the pole all the way parallel to the port or starboard life line and the retract the pole if you wish. I usually don't bother with retracting and leave it extended like a bowsprit since my marina requires one tie up stern in to the pier and it isn't in anyone's way.
Clark Myers
Teke's Pride
F21 #345

Black Finn
F40 AC CK #41

Browns Creek Sailing Association
Guntersville, AL
http://www.youtube.com/LambdaZetaTeke

rvivian

Post by rvivian »

Heart's Desire
Freedom 30
Shelton, WA

mike cunningham

Post by mike cunningham »

Thanks Teke. Thanks RV,

Teke, any chance you could send me some photos of your setup?

Mike
Mike Cunningham
Freedom 30 (Mull) Hull #3
Build date...June, 1986 . Freedom Yachts USA, sloop, shoal keel
Gun Mount and pole retrofitted (purchased from a Hoyt Freedom 32)
Yanmar 2gm20F , 1600 hrs fixed two blade prop
e-rud and ocean racing equipment

Rick Simonds

Post by Rick Simonds »

I did measure my pole again and confirm that it is 18' long x 4" OD but looks to be at least 3/16" wall thickness. Spinnaker pole supplier RigRight lists their 4" pole as .120 thickness so mine is over half again as thick. That seems right to me, given it must resist a bending load.

I took some pictures of the running rigging but when I try to reduce the file size to make them a post-able they turn blobby. Could I email them to you?

Rick
Tallahassee

UBETCHAII

Post by UBETCHAII »

There has been a lot of discussion on the Digest lately. I have the a gun mount, pole and sale that I would like to sell. It is listed on the site so feel free to go to the site and contact me if anyone is interested.

Happy sailing,
Bill Harwell
1984 F-32 hull # 65
UBETCHA II

Teke's Pride

Post by Teke's Pride »

Mike,
Here is a link to an earlier post that has some photos in an attachment...
http://www.freedomyachts.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1039
Clark Myers
Teke's Pride
F21 #345

Black Finn
F40 AC CK #41

Guntersville, AL

mike cunningham

Post by mike cunningham »

Clark.

That seems to be a dead end link??

Mike
Mike Cunningham
Freedom 30 (Mull) Hull #3
Build date...June, 1986 . Freedom Yachts USA, sloop, shoal keel
Gun Mount and pole retrofitted (purchased from a Hoyt Freedom 32)
Yanmar 2gm20F , 1600 hrs fixed two blade prop
e-rud and ocean racing equipment

sheld

Post by sheld »

I am new to the Freedom line and thinking of purchasing an F36. I am trying to find a pole for the gun mount. Does anyone know its length and the dimensions of the spinnaker pole. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Steve

ewsponberg

Post by ewsponberg »

I know this is an old thread, but maybe it's the best area to post. I have a Hoyt Gun Mount spinnaker pole on Corroboree that I would like to sell. Corroboree is my very first commissioned design that I now own, a custom one-off. My wife and I are currently in Puerto Rico (Punta Del Rey) about the head through the islands of the Caribbean. Our boat is very similar to, and came out about the same time as the Mull-designed Freedom 36/38. Corroboree is not a Freedom, but it has a free-standing carbon fiber mast in a sloop rig, and I am a member of this forum since I was once Chief Engineer at TPI, the original builders of Freedom Yachts

Our spinnaker pole is 4" diameter aluminum and 22' long. We are selling it because it is actually a bit much for us to handle. Is anyone interested in taking it off our hands? There is the pole, of course, and Gun Mount fitting. The plastic bearing strips inside the Gun Mount are broken, but they can probably be rebuilt. It likely would be quite difficult to ship the pole anywhere, so selling it might not be so easy. But the Gun Mount, if anyone wants it, would be easier to box up and ship. I am thinking $100-$150 for the aluminum pole, and perhaps $50-$100 for the stainless steel Gun Mount fitting. The buyer pays for shipping. If anyone is interested, you can contact me through this forum or directly at my number and email below.

If no one is interested, then it will likely all get recycled.

Cheers,

Eric
Tel: 904-460-9494
Email: eric@ericwsponberg.com
Eric W. Sponberg
Naval Architect (retired)
SY Corroboree
Tel. number on request
email: eric@ericwsponberg.com, ewsponberg@gmail.com

Teke's Pride

Post by Teke's Pride »

Good grief, has it been 7 months since I was asked for photos? I am so sorry! Hopefully these links to the photo albums on the Freedom 21 Yahoo group site work...
This one to link you to my main photo album: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fre ... /246673799
And this to my album on replacing the gun mount lining: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fre ... /847673677

As great as Freedom Yachts.org is, IMHO if you own a 21 you should join the Yahoo group, if for no other reason than the photo albums of other F21s from around the world!
Clark Myers
Teke's Pride
F21 #345

Black Finn
F40 AC CK #41

Guntersville, AL