Sailing in the St Lawrence

Cruising plans, discussions, etc.
northerncole

Sailing in the St Lawrence

Post by northerncole »

Just asking if anyone out East has experience of sailing down the St Lawrence as far as Montreal. I'm not having much luck finding pilot books covering the area so I was wondering if it was somewhere best avoided by 32ft sailboats. Any experiences shared would be grateful received. Thanks.

GeoffSchultz

Re: Sailing in the St Lawrence

Post by GeoffSchultz »

I did the "Down East Circle Route" in 2008 & you can find a blog covering the entire trip at http://www.geoffschultz.org/Log_Page_In ... egion=2008

-- Geoff
BlueJacket
1997 Freedom 40/40
http://www.GeoffSchultz.org

northerncole

Post by northerncole »

Thanks Geoff. Photos were interesting. Good to see you got to Montreal with the mast still stepped.
A move to Montreal is making me need to decide whether to sell up in BC or take the boat round to Montreal but I'm not sure what sailing is available to us there. If you're based in Montreal where is the best place to keep a 34ft sailboat? Yes I've thought about Hawaii.

tanton37

Post by tanton37 »

I sail my F28CK out of Morrisburg, Ontario which is about 80 miles west of Montreal. Feel free to contact me for further information and I'll be happy to help.
Cheers, David

Nengaku

Post by Nengaku »

Some of the best cruising I’ve ever done was in the Thousand Islands. Absolutely beautiful. Used to spend about a week there right after school started in the fall. Municipal docks were free and all the tourists were gone. Highly recommend it.
Roger Cunningham
S/V Selkie
San Francisco