Looking to Purchase a Freedom in the 35-38' range

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
raahellier

Looking to Purchase a Freedom in the 35-38' range

Post by raahellier »

Hi everyone. I'm a new member, from Toronto area in Canada. My wife and I have recently discovered the Freedom line of un-stayed sloops and ketches. The sloops are very reminiscent of our Gilbert 30 "DragonHeart", a Canadian made mast-forward fractional sloop with large main and self-tacking "jiblet". See pic. You can also find it at sailboatlistings.com by typing "Gilbert 30" in the search engine. Anyway, we're wanting to move up a few feet in length, in preparation for some extended cruising. We would like to retain the sailing characteristics of a boat with powerful main. The ketches interest us too. We've always liked the Canadian made Nonsuch with its un-stayed mast and wishbone. Freedoms seem to combine into one family of vessels the many features that we have selectively approved of from the many vessels we have sailed and researched.

So we are in the market for a Freedom in the 35-38' range. I'd say we're biased toward a sloop and definitely interested in shoal draught and centerboard models. We would not reject a ketch, however. We just need to research this rig to learn how they are sailed single/shorthanded. This is our main concern with a ketch as it seems like more work. But I'm ready to be corrected on this point!

So I have several questions for you all:
Do you have thoughts about sloops vs ketches for ease of sailing when single/short-handed?
Do you have a Freedom in the 35-38' LOA range that you'd be interested in selling?
Are you thinking of downsizing and would our Gilbert 30 interest you in a trade deal?
Do you have any suggestions on how to buy/sell sailboats in the midst of this COVID19 crisis and shutdown?
Attachments
file2520 sml.jpg
file2520 sml.jpg (49.17 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
Rob Hellier

RadioZephyr

Re: Looking to Purchase a Freedom in the 35-38' range

Post by RadioZephyr »

I think I may know of a very nice F38 that is for sale in RI. I’ll have to check. Send me a PM.
Josh
Sunset Spy
F38, Hull #152
Boston, MA

FreeB

Post by FreeB »

See my post, photos and listing for a Pedrick Freedom 35 sloop for sale...currently in Falmouth MA on Cape Cod being refinished down below - interior photos coming soon, exteriors posted. https://www.latitudeyacht.com/boat-list ... id=7428136

jleighton

Post by jleighton »

Hi,

I have a Freedom 36 ketch that has not been listed yet. The boat is in Beverly, MA. The Freedom's were designed to be sailed shorthanded, I frequently sail it alone.

There are many updates including Corian counter and stainless steel sink in the head, new galley coutertops and stainless steel sink, new sails in 2016.

If interested, let me know

Thanks