F36/38 Sails for Sale

Use this forum to buy, sell, trade or advertise anything. Non-commercial only.
bbarnewolt

F36/38 Sails for Sale

Post by bbarnewolt »

Unfortunately I lost my F36/38 in the Mattapoisett Boatyard fire last August. You can relive it with me if you desire- my mast is visible in the first 20 seconds at the far right of the video. An hour later she was gone, along with the entire boatyard, over a dozen boats and 45 cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J01xtjIC5Gk

I loved my Freedom, but could not find an adequate replacement and so have moved on to another. My misfortune could be your good luck as my sails had been stored indoors at my house and are available to anyone looking for a great set of sails.

Made by Thurston at the Quantum loft in Bristol, RI.
Main:
Cross-cut dacron mainsail, 6 full fiberglass battens, tides track cars on the sail. Computer designed using Challenge 8.62 HA. Handsewn luff and foot hardware, loose foot, leech cord with cleat, telltales, 2 reefs, sail bag. Very light use. Still crinkles when flaked.
$2,400.00

Jib WITH Camberspar:
Same vintage as main with same construction using Challenge 8.62, leech cord with cleat, telltales. Camberspar included as well as Sunbrella sail cover (linen)
$750.00

Willing to deliver in the Boston/New England area.
Brien
1988 F36/38
Mattapoisett, MA

RadioZephyr

Re: F36/38 Sails for Sale

Post by RadioZephyr »

Heartbreaking! I'm so sorry for your loss.
Josh
Sunset Spy
F38, Hull #152
Boston, MA

Flying Dutchman

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Ouch, that is a gut-wrenching video. So sorry to see this ... The location looks great, love the footage at the end.

In the mean time, I just am ordering new sails for my 38 as the old ones literally tore in half ... we just bought the ship last year and knew the sails were old. We just didn't expect them to literally rip in half - at some point dacron just completely gives up, apparently. So I am highly interested, but ... I'm in The Netherlands. That's probably not going to be easy to ship to. Maybe we can look into options? Are these sails still available? You can contact me directly via mail: luuk@platschorre.nl maybe? Greatly appreciated!
Freedom 38

woodysca

Post by woodysca »

Are the 2 sails still available?
Any estimate of shipping to San Diego CA?

thanks,
Woody

bbarnewolt

Post by bbarnewolt »

Have sent PMs.
Sails and camberspar are still available.

Brien
Brien
1988 F36/38
Mattapoisett, MA

makattack

Post by makattack »

Hi Brien,

Sorry to hear of the loss of your boat and others in the boatyard fire. If your sails are still available, myself and the other family I share a Freedom36 are interested in buying the sails and camberspars. We live in Boston and our Freedom 36 is currently in the Boston Harbor Shipyard and Marina.

bbarnewolt

Post by bbarnewolt »

Sails are sold. Thanks to all for your interest!
Brien
1988 F36/38
Mattapoisett, MA

anthony

Post by anthony »

I have a jib and mainsail for a f36/38 albeit it’s 20 years old but in very good condition