Narragansett Bay Get Together 2015

tnltracy

Re: Narragansett Bay Get Together 2015

Post by tnltracy »

yarrow wrote:why do we need a marina at dutch harbor? there is plenty of good anchorage just north of the marina it will be much nicer and we can raft up or visit via dighy
cheers,
yarrow
Agreed, as it looks like anchoring is not a problem there, and it's well protected anyway. Yarrow, presuming you have anchored there before, appreciate input on where works best. I will be there earlier in the summer for a weekend and will also check out the area relative to the mooring field.
1984 Freedom 32 #28
Warwick Cove, Greenwich Bay, RI

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

behind Dutch Island and North of the marina there is lots of good anchorage it's all free protected unless there is a North westerly, lots of water. We will be far from town but I see this gtging as not park your boat and cruise the strip but boat hopping and hanging out.
cheers,
Yarrow
82' F25 winged spar, inboard diesel
95' B3 I-14
providence RI

1980raven

Post by 1980raven »

Spent 3 nice days anchored north of the marina last August. Good holding. We rowed over to the marina for Tacos at the dock, on one of the days. It's about a 15 min row from the northern shore. It's about a mile walk into town from the marina.
Be well, Art
Last edited by 1980raven on Fri May 15, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom 28 CK Hull# 14, centerboard, wrap around sails with WB booms
Narragansett Bay, RI

Craig

Post by Craig »

Is this going to happen?
Would like to go there.
Didn't get out on the boat last year so need to make up for lost time.
Craig 1995 Freedom 40/40 ReJoyce

tnltracy

Post by tnltracy »

Hi Craig,

We are on for the weekend of July 25-26 at Dutch Harbor, anchoring North of the marina/ mooring field. Looking somewhat informal, but I'm thinking at least one group sail in the West Passage, lunch (tacos at Talulas?) on land, and some games. Otherwise socializing and checking out the Freedom Fleet from the area.

Tom
1984 Freedom 32 #28

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

another option is the other side of the bay at Saunderstown yacht club, as they have moorings and not protected. I'm a member and could host a shindig if people were interested.
cheers,
Yarrow
95' B3 I-14
providence RI

1980raven

Post by 1980raven »

Tom, Terry & are going to attend the get together at Dutch Harbor. Are you keeping a list of attendees? I sent emails to 2 Freedom owners who are interested in attending. I told them to contact you through this board.
Be well, Art
Freedom 28 CK Hull# 14, centerboard, wrap around sails with WB booms
Narragansett Bay, RI

tnltracy

Post by tnltracy »

Hi Art,

Thanks for the update. We're about 4 weeks away, so will start to pull together thoughts and details. Liela and I stayed at Dutch Harbor a couple weeks back and got the feeling for the area and resources (I think we saw you out on 6/7 heading toward Prudence as we returned to Warwick). I'll pull together a list based on posts and PMs, and get that posted ASAP.

We will be anchoring just north of Dutch Harbor's mooring field, but there is a town dock, town pump out and dinghy dock there for getting on land. I think dinner at the Shack should be a no brainer, as they make some great Tacos!

More to follow.
1984 Freedom 32 #28

VeloFellow

Post by VeloFellow »

I am enjoying watching the planning for the nbgt. I have checked the satellite images of the harbor. What is the holding ground like?

I know the old F30uk(28) cat ketch, Clave', could make it...I just have to add some mast height, some foils and sail from tampa bay to the keys bahamas bermuda and on to naragansett bay ... warp speed?

We will need photos!

Enjoy

https://vimeo.com/124676763 Gunboat G4aka Freedom 28 cat ketch.
Mike
s/v Clave'
1981Freedom 28 #112
Currently sailing Tampa Bay
Buit by Fairways Marine Hamble England
cat ketch, centerboard , wishbone booms, tides track slides
yanmar 2ym15 2blade prop

yarrow

Post by yarrow »

holding is very good strong mud bottom and varies in depth depending on how close you are to land. I have a 2nd f25 that may be attending and I look forward to attending. Do we have a theme or a official name?
95' B3 I-14
providence RI