2019 October Rendezvous

Cruising plans, discussions, etc.
Camino

2019 October Rendezvous

Post by Camino »

That time of year - or rather the year is quickly slipping away ! Anyone interested in a one night anchor out in SF Bay - China Camp, Angel Island, Treasure, Aquatic? I'm thinking week of 10-28 sometime.... or later than that :).

China Camp is good for BBQ ashore and gathering on boats, so is Angel. Aquatic is boat only with visit to shore. Stephanie and I are open to all suggestions....
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
3GM30F, 3-blade maxi prop
Emery Cove, CA

gamayun

Re: 2019 October Rendezvous

Post by gamayun »

Hey Camino, I'm ready this year! I am also aware of two new Freedom owners in the Bay area that I'll reach out to though I know that Circe is already on the forum. I could do Friday/ Saturday Oct 25 or Saturday/Sunday Nov 9 or 16. Anyone else?

I don't have a preference but would love to try Aquatic Park. I've also never been to China Camp.
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Camino

Post by Camino »

gamayun- :D those dates work or others too.... pretty sure we can get to fisherman wharf for dinner or appetizers ( go into town after 5) if aquatic- once the park closes. Otherwise need to leave dink’s on beach and take a chance. (I can stay on beach and watch dink’s while folks have appetizers and a drink). Aquatic will charge $20 a boat a night I think (new). Angel island is $25 I think ( we were there 2 months ago and I forget ). China Camp is still free. Treasure is still free for one night while it lasts.

Also we could consider meeting up at a marina like Vallejo with a day visit to Mare Island’s adventures via Uber. Just in case folks might not like anchoring...we are definitely open to all suggestions.

Boats can raft up - Treasure can be unlimited rafting, aquatic can be a bit Rollie but rafting 2 boats a time is ok, China Camp has a narrow and swallow anchorage and best to keep apart I believe - but definitely a good spot... Angel can raft up 2 boats per each fore and aft mooring balls.
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
Emery Cove, CA

BillSmith

Post by BillSmith »

Given last trip to Treasure Island, I should vote for anywhere we do NOT anchor out. Ha!

If timing right, we are keen on trip while the weather is this good.
Bill & Carole Smith
Freedom 35 Pedrick
SweeTART
Coyote Point
San Mateo, CA

Camino

Post by Camino »

:D FYI. If Angel and mooring, boat needs 2 lengths of 100’ or so ( floating line is good). Boats can raft max of 2 and each pays 25.

Let’s keep checking in and seeing what’s up
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
Emery Cove, CA

gamayun

Post by gamayun »

I recently got the mooring lines needed for Angel. I'm up for that! Maybe I'll get another dinghy by then. Mine is like Wack a Mole. As I repair one leak another pops up....
Kynntana, Freedom 38

Camino

Post by Camino »

OK good here - waiting to hear from others on a where and when- All the dates presented look good here....

last time we were at Angel I lost my inflatable -- I swear it was a seal and Stephanie swears it was my poor knot tying!

Angel is good for now! Lets settle on a date with back up... I have also asked a friend and his wife from Sabre days to join in too, if possible.
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
Emery Cove, CA

sforgey2

Post by sforgey2 »

I would love to make this year's event.

I should be back from my boat (Florida) by the 9th so any time afterwards works for me.

Thanks

s/
Scott Forgey
Girlfriend
Freedom 32 Hoyt #81

TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Hi Folks!
I am in. This coming weekend doesn’t work for me but Oct. 25-26, Nov 2-3rd and Nov 9-10th work (did I get those dates right?)

I am ok with anywhere but a couple of considerations for me. I draw 6’10”. I can probably get in and out of Clipper Cove at high tide. So I would have to time it. Angel Island is really shallow. Last time I was there with my old boat which drew 4’9” I almost got stuck on a falling tide. Powered our way out through the mud. I love Aquatic Park. It can be rolly. But everyone could dingy over to my boat for a potluck instead of going ashore.

South Beach is a fun marina to gather at and go out for dinner. Or Jack London Square. Or Benicia!

Looking forward to a meet up!
Tony
SV Circe 1997 Freedom 40/40 - Hull #20 - Richmond Yacht Club, Richmond, CA

Camino

Post by Camino »

We have plenty of time for all to chime in - my 2 cents here - angel sounds good - good place to hike, stroll, just watch nature, and quiet. Depth - We've been in there with 5' 6" several times with little trouble (Sabre ). A j-35 I know well (Red Dress) goes in there frequently drawing 7'. Going in on slack high tide is good. Resting on mud if had to be is ok for the short term. ...and the further north and west a mooring is the deeper... If we know in advance who's coming in we can choose who will Moore and who will raft up :). All good. Pot luck on boats is good - hors d'oeuvres here, drinks here, main course here, desert, there.... ideas welcome..... either meeting up on one boat for all or separate boats for each is all good... the camaraderie will be terrific :D

Chiming in for location is great too!

Date suggestions welcome! Stephanie and I good for all recommended so far....

if we choose a November date (s) I bet Doug and Marie would be able to join in
Tom and Stephanie
Good Way II F 35 (P)
1999. Wing Keel 5’
Emery Cove, CA