Aquadutch Inflatable Dinghy

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.
bdysktj

Aquadutch Inflatable Dinghy

Post by bdysktj »

I've owned a 10' Aquadutch inflatable dinghy now for six years. After some initial problems, air leaks and a faulty inflatable deck, I've had no issues with the boat. Aquadutch, after much e-mail discussions back and forth, eventually replaced the entire boat, and my problems seemed to go away, at least for the ensuing five seasons. This year, however, I've got a major issue and I'm unable to reach the person I'd conducted business with in the past. It was a Hildo Nasta, but I haven't been able to reach him, nor is the Aquadutch website any longer in English. My problem is that the PVC laminations that hold the transom of the boat together are delaminating. It appears that the adhesive that was used to mount the transom onto the side tubes has completely given up its adhesive properties and the problem is getting worse rapidly. Since I can't seem to get in touch with the manufacturer for customer support, can anyone tell me the best way to repair the boat, either by myself or an inflatable boat repair shop. My boat is located in the Kent Narrows in Grasonville, Md, a short ride across the Chesapeake from Annapolis. I'd appreciate any advice I can obtain. Thanks.
Captain George

THATBOATGUY

Re: Aquadutch Inflatable Dinghy

Post by THATBOATGUY »

Hey George,

Unfortunately my experience is that the PVC boats (and we own one) last about 5 years and then start to have the problems you describe. We purchased ours with a 4 year warranty with the resignation that we would be getting 5 years of cruising use out of it and no expectation beyond that.

Beyond that, I can only recommend purchasing a quality 2 part glue intended for PVC boats and use it *exactly* as recommended in the directions paying very close attention to temperature and humidity. Low humidity and low 70s temps have yielded the best results for me.

It seems like there was a thread about this manufacture here or on another forum recently. I'm not sure what the outcome was but it's worth trying the search engines.

George
George and Kerri Huffman S/V Marquesa Freedom 40 CC CK Sail MarquesaImage